Wednesday, December 23, 2015

What's Up Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday everyone! I'm still stuck in the land of muteness, and it's a dreary, rainy day... but at least it's not snowing! It might even get into the 70's tomorrow! Where am I living? #notcomplaining
It's been all kinds of busy around here. ALL KINDS OF BUSY! Though to be honest, my photos this week will look an awful lot like the ones last week. I try to make an effort to be present during family functions and other such events, and sometimes that means I don't get photos. So sorry about that...
Friday we had Ugly Sweater day at work. It was super fun, and I wore my ridiculous dress that I wore to Christmas last year:

I think everyone made a good effort! My favorites were the ones that lit up, and my brother's which fit his cell phone inside so it could play a clip of Santa jumping down the chimney. Hilarious!
After work I fed the animals as quickly as I could and changed into a sweater and jeans. My brother had rented out two theaters for screenings of the new Star Wars movie. It was so fun to be in a theater with only people you know! The movie was fantastic! I can't wait for the next one. After that we met up at a local bar to discuss the movie and socialize. It was a fun night!
Saturday morning I awoke without my voice. Seriously, if anyone knows where to find it, please help me out! I spent the morning making cookies again. I made the same ones I had for cookie swap #1:
Once that was done, I spent some quality time with the ponies. I didn't ride because the wind was HOWLING and it was pretty chilly out. Still warm for December, but only in the upper 30's. Combined with the wind, I knew if I attempted riding, it wouldn't be fun for anyone involved. They were pretty happy to be groomed instead.
Saturday night was our office holiday party. It was at a local golf club this year. The food was fantastic. It was a fun evening! I don't have any photos, though I did grab a quick one of my outfit before I left:
Sunday morning I dragged my tired self out of bed, ran a few errands, and rode Jamp and Romey. They were short rides as the ground was semi frozen and I was super pressed for time.



They were both quite good despite all the days off! Thank goodness because there was no time for naughtiness!
After riding I headed out to cookie swap #2. It was nice to see friends I haven't seen since last year's swap. It was just kind of a bummer I couldn't talk to anyone! I figured a cookie swap is the perfect venue for my hot cocoa skirt and knit shoes:

I came home with enough cookies for 100 people. Thankfully, my family was finally celebrating Chanukah that evening so I brought the cookies along.
Gifts for the family!

My mom made a delicious dinner, complete with latkes and we had a great time opening all of our gifts.
Giraffe rides the horsey...

My mom spoiled me rotten, as did my brother and sister-in-law. I can't wait to play around with this:
I know! I'm so excited to finally have a real camera. Hopefully I can step up my photo game on the blog once I figure out how to use this thing!
This week has been pretty normal so far. Monday I was able to ride after work, but yesterday it poured rain all day and the ring was pretty muddy. Instead of riding after work, I ran a couple errands and got to work wrapping presents for Christmakah with my Dad and that side of the family. The Pugs were super helpful too...
Tonight is our annual Festivus Chinese food dinner. I've been dreaming of egg rolls for two weeks already!
What's up with you this Wednesday? Do you have any plans tonight, or are you waiting for Christmas Eve and Christmas?

2 comments:

  1. AHHHHH I LOVE YOUR TACKY CHRISTMAS DRESS!! That is a seriously amazing piece of clothing.

    I took today (and the rest of the week) off work- we're working on renovating the master bathroom, which is not glamorous, but is very necessary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was definitely a great find.
      Bathroom renovations sound exciting! I hope everything goes smoothly and you can get it finished asap! I need to do mine too. You should see the grandmotherly wall paper in mine.

      Delete