Wednesday, December 16, 2015

What's Up Wednesday?!

Where does the time go? Is it me, or is December just flying by? My second trip to FL is less than two weeks away! AHHH! So excited! In the meantime though, there is so much to do and get done. Holiday parties, Star Wars Screenings, cookie making (and eating), present wrapping... the list goes on and on. But that's just what is yet to come. Let's take a look back at the past week and see what's been up!
Last Friday my sister-in-law hosted her annual cookie swap. So Thursday evening, after riding, I had to make 3 dozen ginger snaps. It was a late evening, but who doesn't enjoy baking cookies? Plus I get to lick all the bowls and spoons since I live alone. Perks.

They came out great, and I was excited to swap them for some of all the other cookies! I forgot to get a picture of the cookie table, but here's my bucket once we were done with the swapping:
So much deliciousness right there! I've pretty much eaten the entire bucket at this point. Everything was delicious.

We had unbelievable weather over the weekend. Temps were in the mid 60's and that meant lots of pony time. I even finally rode Romey! Not only that, but the horses were able to graze for a bit too! And Jampy had a shower! Unheard of in December normally. Here are too many photos for your viewing pleasure:













Sunday, I got to come along on a trip to the "North Pole" with my brother and his family! Near where we all live is an old fashioned steam train. It was actually used in one of the Indiana Jones movies. During December they run the Polar Express which is a magical train that gets from CT to the North Pole and back in about 90 minutes. It's an adorable attraction. The kids wear their warmest jammies, some elves serve cocoa and cookies to all the passengers, and we get to meet Santa and Mrs Claus! Santa called my mom and I big girls... I'm not sure how to take that. But we all had a great time, especially my niece!

The rest of the week had been dedicated to present wrapping, holiday card addressing, work, and riding. I'm having a hard time fitting in sleep, but hey, that's what February is for right?
Here's P helping me with wrapping:
So that's what I've been up to. Tell me what's up with you this Wednesday in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment