Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Truthful Tuesday

Heh... Well... This is embarrassing. Or a great plan? But I'm leaning toward embarrassing.

Rio's grandpa, who happens to be my dad, helps out with some of Rio's needs financially. (Ok, fine, he helps out with MOST of Rio's finances. Rio is very expensive!) Anyway, the company from which I purchase one of his supplements recently started accepting Paypal. So I added my dad's card to my Paypal account to use for that company only. Apparently, Paypal defaulted that card to my main credit card. I didn't notice since the first default payment method is my bank account. Normally, I manually switch to my regular credit card when paying for stuff. But I have one store that I shop through that automatically goes through Paypal when I check out, and it is defaulted to charge to my credit card and NOT draw from my account. Do you see where this is going?

Yep. I've been buying a LOT from this site because they've had great gifts for my family for the holidays. And they all charged to my dad's credit card. Meaning, my dad bought some of his own presents. My dad, being awesome, at first was concerned someone stole his card. (See, I really am responsible with it normally!) So he asked me if I knew what the charges were. Ugh, color me embarrassed. I was all, why yes I do! Those are everyone's holiday presents! Oops.

Lesson learned. Do not add other people's credit cards to your Paypal account!

2 comments: