Wednesday, April 15, 2020

What's Up Wednesday

Another week in solitude. Gonna be honest, I'm pretty good at this sheltering in place stuff. Laundry is so close to being caught up. I've been getting a solid 30 minutes of exercise most days... Of course I miss the ponies horribly. And I miss being able to just go and do stuff. But this is where we are, and so I'm trying to embrace it. I have lots of projects for this weekend so hopefully I will stay motivated and get them done. It's really amazing how many available hours there are during a weekend when you don't have horses to take care of. (See? Finding the positive!)
This past week was a fairly busy one. Work let us have a half day on Friday which was nice because I had a couple of errands to run. (Anyone else kind of dread having to leave the house now? Small chance I'm developing agoraphobia. Time will tell on that.) Anyway, my first stop was to my mom's house. I had some things I needed to drop off for her. And she had baked me some delicious Passover friendly snacks. She left them on the bench outside her door for me, so I grabbed them, and dropped her things in their place. Then I stepped way back to my car, and she came out so we could chat for a few minutes from a safe distance. It's weird isn't it? Only talking to people from many feet away? But it was really nice to see my mom. I didn't stay too long since it was freezing cold out. But long enough to feel a little less like a recluse.
My other stop was to the barn to drop off supplements and the horses' fly sheets. I hadn't planned on them being there for fly season, so I had to order new ones in acceptable barn colors (eye roll). Fortunately, they were on sale since I had already splurged on new fly gear in MY barn colors.
So I got to see these faces!


I think they were happy to see me. Might have just been the treats I brought. Hard to say for sure. But Shiny nickered when she heard my voice and maybe I cried a little. I didn't take them out or touch anything, I only stayed long enough to tell them I love and miss them. And stuff them full of cookies of course. And maybe I cried like a baby on the way home. Whatever. These are weird times. I'll cry if I want to.
Since running those two errands was apparently very emotional and exhausting, the rest of Friday was spent snuggling pugs. Because that's the best way to handle anything really.
Saturday I made myself do productive things that I didn't want to. Like cleaning the house, especially the bathrooms. Only to discover everything was broken (ugh) so I didn't really get everything done I wanted. But hey, I'm not going anywhere! I can do it another day.
What I did finally get finished was putting my bedroom together!
Yeah, the treadmill kind of doesn't go with the decor, but I have no where else for it to go. So it stays. At least my sneakers match.
After completing those things, I finally tested out the purple Overtone conditioner I got for my hair. Thanks to my... um.... glittery strands, it looks like I have lilac highlights, which I think is super fun.

The color is pretty subtle since my hair is dark. But I like it! Something different and fun while I can't see my actual hairdresser. (Ugh, I miss her!)
And then there were still like ten million more hours left to the day so I took the pups out to enjoy the sunshine.



The day wrapped up with a zoom Passover meet up with some family and friends.
It was great to see everyone, especially my dad and step mom. My dad is growing a quarantine beard and he looks an awful lot like David Letterman these days... I think it's hilarious. He emailed all of us yesterday asking if he should shave it or let it grow. We unanimously told him to keep it going. You can tell we're all stir crazy because that's the highlight of life right now.

Sunday was somewhat less productive. It wasn't as nice outside, and I told myself if I was super productive on Saturday I could be a little lazy on Sunday. And so I was. I got some exercise, sat outside for a bit with the puggers, and made myself some day of the week bracelets to help me keep track.
Oh, and it was Pia's 14th birthday! My little girlie is getting up there, but she's still the cutest.
Work is busy this week. Price changes are coming and new allocations, and there's just lots to do. I'm glad for it though. Glad to have a job, and the days pass pretty quickly when they're busy. I have definitely turned into a dog though, popping up at the window when the UPS man comes to say thank you. (Hey, at least I haven't started barking yet. We'll see what next week brings.)

I mentioned last week about having bought some stuff for my horses that I don't really even have right now... So I took some photos of the stuff that's arrived. They're terrible photos since everything is still packaged mostly. But you can get an idea.
First up is the side pull Amanda made me buy. I ordered a horse and a cob because that's how things go now that I have a pony. Everything needs to be in two sizes. The horse size was a pre order, but the cob arrived along with the horse sized reins... ha. Good thing I don't need to use it yet I guess!

I like it! The leather feels nice, but the browband is kind of awful. Probably going to swap that out eventually.

Next, prior to deciding to stop going out to the barn, I had ordered halters and leads from Two Horse Tack. I figured I could keep them in my car and disinfect them with bleach or alcohol easily so I wouldn't have to touch the nylon ones that other people are touching all day long. Of course I bought them in both barn colors... (Seriously, there's something wrong with me.) Anyway, here those are:

I figure they'll still be useful when quarantine is over because this virus isn't going away any time soon. And it's always good to have extra halters around anyway.

Oh! This one I hadn't told you guys about. Horseloverz had my favorite ice boots in their last bogo sale. And they come in hunter now! So I got two full sets. Can never have enough ice boots.

Of course that doesn't mean I don't still want the space boots. But those can wait until I have horses that do stuff. Or you know, have horses in my life again.

And finally, the new fly gear!

Embroidery was free so I got their names on everything. I used to never do that (would only put my last name on things instead) but fly stuff doesn't generally live that long, so I'm okay with it.
And that's it. All my new loot, and the current events from the horseless Winthrop Corner Stable.

I hope you're all staying healthy and sane during this weird time in our lives. I know it's really hard. But we're all going to get to the other side as long as we're patient. Stay well friends!

15 comments:

  1. I am kinda enjoying being at home too... I don't like having to teach my girls school but the rest I love. We are getting so much time together, things done and just enjoying life.

    You will have to tell me if you like the fly gear... Im always on the hunt for something good- I feel like all my horses are different shapes and I swear Henry always gets rubs after so much time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoom passover was an experience this year hahaha. It was just me, my mom, and my sister on our zoom call, but it was a nice break in the current monotony of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I bet! We didn't do an actual seder. Our family friends had a skit they read which was hilarious though!

      Delete
  3. Your dad does look like David L with the beard (I zoomed the zoom phtoo up to look so how bored am I NOW??) hahaha i am glad you are surviving and got to see your ponies. YAY.

    I haven't really bought anything excpet groceries. I am boring. I DO GET TO SEE REMUS Tomorrow so excited. Dogs are going to a vet appt and since they take them in and i have to sit in the car i am going to run to barn then for a bit. YAY. Silver linings?? UGH your room looks so good ours still looks a bit like a college dorm. Yes I will be 54 this July. Sue me :)

    Pugs must be enjoying you at home so much!! And i hear you on the agoraphobia....

    and I LOVE THE PURPLE HAIR :) omg my hair is getting so long. my layers have layers and my bangs are past my eyes. HAHAHAHA omg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't he?! I always loved Letterman and i think it's because he reminded me of my dad.
      No judgement on the room. I've been in this house almost 14 years, and I'm just getting it together now!
      My hair is stupid long. And it looked awful. The purple helped!

      Delete
  4. I thought about trying Overtone since I also have dark hair but will probably wait a while before I pull the trigger.

    Several of my friends who already have anxiety seem to be developing agoraphobia which I think is a shame :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely see where it could happen. I'm trying to stay cognizant of my anxieties. Understanding them and where they come helps me work through it.

      Delete
  5. I pulled the trigger on Overtone. We'll see how my brown hair takes the blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Blue will be fun! I kind of want green, but I know it won't work with my skin tone.

      Delete
  6. Am I the only one picturing those bins in your bedroom all sorted by theme? Ie - Garfield theme, 80s theme, etc. lol

    Nice loot!! Where are the sidepulls from? Just checking my options for ol' Fred.

    It's great to have some time to spend cleaning and organizing. I tend to just ignore stuff and let it all pile up normally! ;-)

    It soooo sucks that you can't spend time with the horses or your family... I totally think it is ok to cry. I've had a few crying spells myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is EXACTLY what's in them! Haha, I'm so predictable.
      The side pulls came from Equizone and are La Cense brand, which I think is made by Dy'On.
      Yeah, I thought I was being so stoic, but seeing them was apparently a bit of a trigger.

      Delete
    2. Great minds think alike!! lol I've always wondered how you keep your awesome themed stuff all organized!

      Thanks - I'll check out the sidepulls!

      Delete
  7. Nice shopping! I will likely buy a side pull at some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one seems very nice! Not sure if/when I'll get to use it... but it's nice to look at!

      Delete