Thursday, December 12, 2019

Thursday's Threads

Happy Outfit Day! It's freaking cold here today. High I think is around freezing. Brrr. I guess it really is winter. I was enjoying the 55 degrees I came home to! Anyway, I DID remember riding outfit photos last night! So let's start there:

Riding outfits just aren't as cute in the winter when you have to bundle up. But, no complaints, as this is the first year I even have riding outfits to share!

Helmet: One K
I keep this one at the barn, so it's the one you'll see most through the winter. But I swear, I will mix it up here and there!

Jacket: Old Navy
Sweatshirt: Skidmore College
I wear both of these A LOT. This is one of my favorite sweatshirts. The hood has a little yellow thoroughbred on it too. I've had it since college so it's super old. Like... 17 years. The jacket is our barn one you've seen before. I actually am replacing it soon sadly because Pammon put a bunch of holes in this one.

Belt: Mane Jane
The angle on this almost makes that buckle look gold... But it's the gunmetal one. I went with the plain navy strap.

Breeches: Dover
I'm becoming a pretty big fan of Dover's breeches. Are they the highest quality? Maybe not. But they have great sales so they are pretty inexpensive if you look at the right times. And they don't do that annoying falling down thing that pipers do! Anyway, these are corduroy. I got them in two colors, and plan to wear them a lot this winter.

Boots: De Niro
My helmet comment applies also to these boots. Once it gets REALLY cold though, the Mt horse ones will be back regularly too. Girls gotta stay warm! Anyway, I'm still loving my De Niro boots. No complaints about them!

So that's what I wore last night to ride. And here's what I'm wearing at work today:
I seem to be on a blue kick lately. Gotta switch it up next week!

Sweater: For the Republic
I picked this chunky sweater up not too long ago at Marshalls. It was silly cheap, but it's SUPER warm and comfy. I love the heathered blue color too.

Belt: Mane Jane
Sorry guys, it's the same one I rode in! What can I say, it was still out from last night, and matched so... here it is again!

Jeans: Rue 21
Nothing special about these pants. Just a thinner denim in a nice darkish blue.

Shoes: Vince Camuto
Glitter boots!!! These are actually kids shoes... fitting since I'm a kid at heart. They were at Nordstrom Rack in the clearance last year for something like $9 so I had to have them. So cute with the glitter and the little studs around the sole.

Arm Party!
Lefty:
I've been feeling a little angsty lately. Lots to do and I'm having some confidence issues with Shiny and her tripping... So I figured I'd wear this Mind Filly Band message side out today to give me a little boost.

Righty:
Righty is donning a friendship bracelet from Ettika, along with a wrap bracelet that I partially made. I had the leather strap, so punched some holes and am using with the Hermes clasp. And last is the trusty fitbit.

So that's it for this week! Is it pretty cold where you are now? Any favorites from today? What do you like to ride in for winter? Are you into a big warm hoodie, or prefer several thinner layers?

14 comments:

  1. it is cold as shit here (tho warming up nicely during day) i am at my desk with a hat still on since i am always cold. ALWAYS. AND WTF with the pipers they are so cute but literally fall off my hips. AND I HAVE WIDE HIPS. ANnOYING i have a really cute navy pair with pink trim and i hardly ever wear them. UGH

    Will have to check the Dover ones out

    I like layers cause as i get older i sweat like a pig (TMI? SORRY HAHAHA) tho give me a warm hoodie too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't have the issues with the pipers sliding down. So I'm thinking something is wrong with me? I should try the dover ones though... next time I have money and a sale. So no time soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Not wrong with you, they must have just been made for you!

      Delete
  3. Vince Camuto just gets me <3 some of my favorite shoes and clothes are that brand. Also, fellow child's shoe wearer checking in! They're so much cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same on Vince! Some really cute stuff they have!
      Kids shoes are the BEST! SO much cheaper, and usually more fun. I can't wear kids tall boots (fat yet long calves) but my paddock boots are kid size!

      Delete
  4. Finding the right combination of warm clothes and flexibility for riding is hard I think your outfit looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I think I'm getting better at it, but usually what I want is somewhere lost in Mount Laundry.

      Delete
  5. Everything looks cozy and warm! Those corduroy breeches look super cute and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the corduroy breeches! I hope they'll make more colors.

      Delete
  6. oooh good to know that you like those breeches, they look cute and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE them! They run a tad big, or maybe they stretch a bit while riding. So if you decide to try them, you may want to size down.

      Delete