Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Truthful Tuesday: Black Friday Edition

I'm almost embarrassed to write this post. Almost. But like... you guys get me, so I think it will be ok. Let me preface this by saying I had zero plans to get more boots. I haven't even broken in the ones I have. And let's be real, I have almost all the colors covered at this point. But...
There's always a but.
I'M A SUCKER FOR A DEAL OK?! And if that deal is limited? It's too hard to pass up. I mean, if it's meant to be, you can't ignore fate, right? Right.
So I'll get to the point. I've been drooling at the Celeris boots for awhile. I tried to get some leftover boots from them once but the only pair in my size was a dressage boot with a side zipper, so no luck. Well. They were offering 20% off a custom pair to the first twenty people to respond at a certain time on Black Friday. So I figured I'd give it a shot. I was already late when I saw the post (it was an hour and half after it was posted) so I figured I wouldn't get there in time. Well. I did. I haven't placed my official order yet, just the deposit to hold my spot for the discount.
I bet you want to know what I'm planning though, huh? I've  been wanting a black boot with rose gold accents to match my fancy new One K helmet (and maybe the horses have some rose gold stuff also... Too bad Eros will look terrible in that shade.) So that's going to be my color scheme. Fairly simple in the color department, but I think they'll be really pretty.
I'm going to mix and match a few things. I want a field boot (laces), so this model:

Picture it black though...

I don't want that top on it, I want this one:
Everything here that's gray, will be black, and that black part will be metallic rose gold.
And then for fun, I want to change the toe to this one:
No leopard obviously. The leopard will all be black, and the brown barn would be the rose gold.
And then I'm hoping to add rose gold piping around the laces and heel details. I'm also going to ask for an elastic panel in the back. I know the whole point of custom boots is to not need the elastic, but with the way my legs swell, I much prefer having a little give.

So yeah. Boots. I wish that was it... but I also have another pair in the works with Fama. Because I had a brain storm, and they were having THIRTY PERCENT off! So... you know. And they will literally do anything you can think of if they're able. So here's what's happening there (tentatively, awaiting approval from the boot maker if it's possible.
It's going to be a field boot, much like these:
But, the boots will be green, like these:
I'm not doing that fancy top like this one has... Instead, the boot will be all one color up top. And I'm having my logo cut out of it.

It has to be simplified some for it to work, the horse shoe and ribbon will need to be solid instead.
Behind the cut out will be (hopefully, this is what we're waiting on approval for) this shiny gold leather:
So it will look like this boot top, but instead of the horse, my logo:
And then I'm hoping to do the toe cap and heel in the same gold leather. Or maybe just do something similar to the Celeris foot with the gold. That might be better, not sure how well that gold will hold up on large surface areas.
Of course, it would be really selfish to only get myself presents on Black Friday. The bay boys really have everything they could ever need, so they didn't really benefit too much. Rio got some new wraps and flavored sugar. Jamp got a pair of Back on Track hock boots. I also got a set of quick wraps they can share (in GREEN!).
Eros made out the best since he has less stuff. He went on a Back on Track shopping spree... Tack of the Day was giving away a pair of quick wraps if you got a mesh sheet, so I got him one of those in navy (to match his barn's colors). Also grabbed another pair of quick wraps for him, so we can do all four legs. Not even sure I'll like quick wraps... But I love how the BOT stuff makes me feel when I use it, so I figure they're worth trying. Grabbed him a navy neck cover also.
Then I was perusing the interwebs for some things for my blogger secret santa gift and found this browband for $35 that would look fab on Eros:
He also got a wool color from PS of Sweden in navy and a saddle pad. Seriously, that horse is spoiled. Other random stuff was a pair of George Morris breeches in navy from Riding Warehouse ($59!), some bell boots for Eros (his went missing already), and I got an Ariat sweater from RW also.
Needless to say, I went a little nuts, and selfishly, most of the expensive stuff was for ME. Oops. Well, me and Eros really. He did quite well this year.
So what about you? Snag anything exciting in all the sales? Have anything fun on your gift list that you're  hoping for? On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being totally amazing & fun, not ridiculous at all, 10 being out of control, there should be a rehab program for people like me), how ridiculous do you think I am with the boots?
And lastly, (but most fun) if you could design a pair of boots all on your own, what would they look like? Let me know here, or get creative and write your own blog post about your dream boots!

20 comments:

  1. How many pairs of boots do you have? Can you do a boot only post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! I wanted to get them broken in more so I can do a better review, pros and cons of each sort of post.
      Um... I'm not even sure. Like 12 maybe?

      Delete
  2. I got Peebs two sets of hind boots, one pair for schooling and a leather show pair. I also booked a photo shoot for the ponies. I didn’t get too wild since for Cyber Monday Peebs got his teeth done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm not good at that many things, but shopping is definitely one of the few I am!

      Delete
  4. wow....I am so jealous. I have one pair of boots right now and they have holes LOL Can't wait to see these when you get them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found having multiple to choose from, nothing ever wears out! So it's a good return on investment.

      Delete
  5. yes i too want to know how many boots you have. ACTUALLY i want a photo of them all in a row. PLEASE (NO JUDGING NOT ME :) HA HA HA). you do have a problem. Sounds like you made out like a bandit and so did Eros :) hahahaha i bought nothing but some cushion stuff for tate's feet (Free pony remember) and a couple salt licks. I am BORING. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure.... I will do a boot post eventually. I want to break them all in so I can tell you what I like and don't about the different brands.
      Awww lucky Tate! He'll appreciate the hoof stuff I'm sure.

      Delete
  6. Your boot collection always makes me feel better about my impulse shopping 😂 I love the rose gold boot idea, can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm here to help ease any shoppers remorse anyone may have...

      Delete
  7. HOLY CRAP I LOVE YOU, I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The black and rose gold boots sound awesome! Well, green and your logo does too! I can't wear tall boots, so I live vicariously through you! I'd probably start with black...yawn! lol

    I finally bit the bullet on some BoT stuff, because, guess what? You can finally get the coloured stuff in Canada. Fred my big QH will be head to toe hunter green. I got the mesh blanket with neck and got a free halter (green, obvs.) and one set of quick wraps. I hope they work ok! I think that is all I ordered... oh no, wait, I ordered a new wheelbarrow for the barn! Shopping is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nice! I am definitely on the BOT band wagon, though I resisted for a long time. Not sure what kind of voodoo magic it is, but I really think it works!

      Delete
  9. You are out of control. And this is coming from someone who is also out of control. But if I could get another pair of boots I'd just get my Tucci Marilyn's again but in chocolate brown. They're everything I love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely out of control. I really need to rein it in though because I do actually hope to show this year.

      Delete
  10. I'm guessing this is the equivalent to custom cowgirl boots. Equally expensive. Totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fama boots are relatively inexpensive for customs. The Celeris are more expensive. But both are cheaper than the off the shelf Parlanti's I have, so they're kind of a good deal?

      Delete