Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thursday's Threads

Happy Thanksgiving everyone (in the US anyway...)! It's BITTER cold here today, so my originally planned super cute outfit was set aside for something cozy and warm instead. Warmth over cuteness every time.
So here's what I wore:
And a little cameo from P too! See, warm clothes!

Sweater: Cabi
I'm mildly obsessed with this sweater. I got it about a month ago, and I've worn it a bunch already. It's warm and cozy, and the cowl neck is perfect.

Belt: Rebecca Ray
I think you've all seen this one before. I'm a big fan of the Rebecca Ray belts, but wait for a sale, because they're too expensive otherwise.

Pants: Kut from the Kloth
It's corduroy season! I got these at the end of the season last year for a steal! I just hope I can keep them fairly animal hair free for awhile... hahahahahahaha! Yeah I know. Won't happen.

Boots: Two Lips
It's also boot season. I have mixed feelings about this height boot. I think because I'm a crazy horse chick I expect all boots to be super tall. But in real life, maybe that's not required?
That's actually all I have for today's outfit. I didn't dress up the arms because (I know this is shocking) I was running a bit late for dinner.

I DO have a riding outfit though! AND fun boots!
No photo, but I wore the black snakeskin One K helmet.

Top: Noble Outfitters
I like these winter weight shirts, they're perfect for layering with down vests and jackets. I did just that with the same layers you saw last week.

Belt: Mane Jane
I wore the black croc belt strap from Mane Jane to (sort of) match my boots. Notice that shiny new Mane Jane buckle? Finally upgraded the old beat up one.

Breeches: RJ Classics Gulf in Stone
Dover had the gulf breeches on sale for $49 and I've been wanting to give them a try. So these are them! I like them well enough, but I think I bought a size too big. I'll see if they shrink any in the dryer though. I wear a size 28 Tailored Sportsman, but a 30 in pretty much every other brand. These seem to run more like TS do. The material is nice, very stretchy, but the sock bottoms are pretty wide. Worth the $49 price I paid, but maybe not the full price.

Boots: Fama-4-All
Tada! Finally getting these bad boys broken in. I probably should have measured these a bit taller, but I'm really happy with them otherwise. Very comfy, and I LOVE the green crocodile accents.

Spurs: Punk Ponies
Spur Straps: Fama-4-All
I wanted black spurs for these boots, and Punk Ponies was the only place I could find the rounded ones for a reasonable price. But they didn't have them without the bling. So these are extra fancy.

And that's it for today! How was your Thanksgiving? I hope you had a chance to relax and managed to avoid frostbite in the arctic tundra out there!

4 comments:

  1. Happy thanksgiving!! Hope you have a nice day with family! Super cold here too (yeah, Canada, what can you expect? lol) so just trying to survive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Fortunately, it warmed back up this past week. Though I guess in Cananda it's probably going to stay cold for awhile.

      Delete
  2. You look so cozy! I hope your thanksgiving was awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was! I hope you had a great one too!

      Delete