Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Truthful Tuesday

I have a few random confessions today. First, I finally shortened the boys' manes this weekend. They may be mostly retired now, but that doesn't mean they need to look feral... But they really were starting to. That's not my confession though. My confession is that I got a blister cutting manes! (And yes, I cut them. There are rules for cutting. Horses that get braided only get their manes cut if they are thin. Jumpers can have them cut any time since I don't have to braid that mess. And retirees are also allowed to pass on the pulling. I'll share photos of their new 'do's tomorrow. But here's my booboo:
Thankfully that won't interfere with my braiding this weekend. THAT would be annoying.

My next confession is that I unintentionally bought something ridiculous last week. I already mentioned that I ordered the boys new turnout fly sheets for next year. Well, when I was checking out, they had another fly sheet on sale for 19.99. It's not a turnout one, just like a scrim. I've been wanting to get one for hand walking since the flies are getting ridiculous and I figured $20 is the right price for such a thing. And it came in hunter green! What I didn't read was the description. You guys. It has BLING on it. Lol. Sorry boys.
That string of bling goes all the way down the side... On both sides! Hahahahaha! It's hilarious. I mean, we all know I love sparkles and glitter... but not really for the boys clothes. Oh well. It will still do the job. I could probably remove it if I was feeling so motivated. But I'm not.

And lastly, speaking of shopping... I'm the sucker that falls victim to all the crap they put by the check out at Marshall's. Or Walmart. Or the dollar store... Wherever really. This weekend's round up of things I absolutely should never own but do:
A cactus pen
I mean it looks right at home on my work desk right? Clearly a useful thing to waste my money on. It actually writes nicely though... so I mean... I'll use it at least?

A fake cactus in a dinosaur
Also fits in perfectly on the work desk... My t-rex highlighters definitely needed an herbivore to prey on, am I right?

 <<sigh>>

I'm not sure I'll ever be a responsible adult. I mean I'm middle aged, and I still buy this crap on the regular. But that fake cactus/dino make me smile every time I look at them, so I guess it's money well spent?

Do you ever fall victim to this crap? What's the silliest thing you've ever bought that makes you really happy still? Or just the stupidest thing. Whatever. Commiserate with me in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. I love mugs and water bottles -- every time I go to Target, I always find at least 3 I really, really want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that! I've run out of drinkware storage, so I can't have any more of those things!

      Delete
  2. I regularly buy children's things because I also refuse to grow up. My current useless obsession is hatchimals. I really want to hatch a horse, but I keep getting kitties instead. I did get win puppies so that was good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't gotten a Hatchimal yet! I didn't know you could hatch a horse, I thought they were all kind of the same thing.

      Delete
  3. haha - I used to buy silly stuff all the time, but have cut back lately! Love the dino with the fake plant. Would totally buy that!

    My favs are a walking dead mug and a mini zombie terrarium thing. I also seem to buy mugs any time I go anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found a unicorn with a fake cactus in it so now I have that too....
      (I may need an intervention)
      Mugs are fun to collect. I've run out of mug storage though, so I'm cut off there!

      Delete
  4. lol Love that cactus pen! I also tend to get a booboo when pulling manes, even with my leather gloves on :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cactus pen was definitely a good buy!
      Tending to the mane is dangerous business!

      Delete