Wednesday, December 20, 2017

What's Up Wednesday!

Another week of no riding... But I ALMOST got to today! Maybe this weekend. Cross your crossables for me please!
Despite my lack of saddle time, it's been super busy around here because, well. Holidays. I spent last Thursday evening back in the kitchen making cookies for my company cookie swap.

It's kind of funny, most of the Chanukah cookies and a few of the Christmas cookies were left over, but the mittens were all eaten up. I guess my coworkers prefer nondenominational cookies. Noted for next year. We also had our Ugly Sweater contest on Friday. I went for a Chanukah theme this year, and got my dad to play along too:
It's probably our last father-daughter ugly sweater day at work since he's working towards retiring this year. I should have gotten him a menorah hat too... Hindsight. It's always 20/20. Somehow I didn't win the contest. I think it was rigged.


We had this really great phenomenon last week where it snowed literally every other day. Halfway through Friday it started snowing. Which was annoying because it almost made me late to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi. My brother rented out a theater so he could see it with all of his friends and some family. It's kind of a fun thing to do if you can get enough interest. It just costs what the tickets cost, so if you can get enough people and they actually pay up, it doesn't cost any more than a trip to the movies. But you get a theater just for you and your friends! Anyway, I won't give any spoilers, but I thought it was fantastic. I'm not a giant Star Wars fan, but I've seen most of the movies, and this one was definitely on my list of favorites.
Saturday I was on a mission to finish my holiday shopping in the morning. It was mostly successful and I was home in time for our holiday card photo shoot.
Selfie while we waited for our photographer

Despite my hatred of snow, it was kind of nice to have it for our photos. Don't tell anyone I said that though.
We had our company holiday party Saturday night. The last few years it's been held at a country club that's pretty close to where I live. I had a great time, but unfortunately didn't take any photos while I was there. I did grab a selfie before I went though:
Yes, you're seeing that correctly. I actually wore heels and looked like a girl! I even wore makeup! Christmas miracle.
Sunday was stupid cold, but I was determined to finish the holiday shopping up once and for all. And thankfully, I was completely successful. I spent the rest of any free time wrapping presents,
can't wrap presents without wine. And a unicorn glass.
addressing cards

and occasionally brushing my ponies.

The pugs think my hanging in the kitchen wrapping presents is stupid though.
They're not entirely wrong.

I mentioned yesterday that I took yesterday off for a ten minute vet appointment. What I might not have mentioned is that it was a balmy 53 degrees and all the snow melted in my ring!

It was really sloppy though so I still couldn't ride in it. I was hoping for tonight, but the temps dropped quickly and the ground was rock hard when I got home. Boo. Maybe this weekend.
That's about it from here really. Lots of events coming up though with our (late) family Chanukah party on Friday, Festivus dinner on Saturday, and Christmas next week.
In the mean time, I shall leave you with this GIF of a reenactment of the Hitchcock movie "The Birds" from my office window this morning.
Have you been riding? What's the weather like where you are? Weirdly warm, or extra snowy? How are the holiday preparations coming along?

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your holiday party dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's actually a skirt from the Ann Taylor outlet and a wrap top from Fabletics (This is surprising to me as well...)!

      Delete