Friday, April 5, 2013

It's Stridebox Day!! **spoiler alert** I'm about to disclose it's contents

I've recently discovered all of these fun and exciting subscription services that are out there. You can get stuff sent to you monthly from almost any category you can imagine. I love presents. So I spent some time researching different options and decided on Stridebox.

From their website:
"StrideBox is a fun and exciting way to discover running products and accessories. Each month, as a member, you will receive a curated box of apparel, accessories, and nutrition products to fuel your training sessions, workouts, and races."

 I was a little unsure about a fitness box, as I don't use a lot of sports drinks or bars or things like that. And I wasn't sure I would want a box of food items sent to me every month that weren't chocolate... But Stridebox said they would also send accessories and gear. And we all know I love "stuff". At $15.00 a month with no commitment (meaning I could cancel after just one box) I figured, hey why not.
I got the first one, and it was awesome:
Not a great photo, but it was a water bottle, lock laces, several bars, a gel, and some wipes. Pretty good haul for 15 bucks!
Month 2 was just as awesome:
2 bars, 2 ice pops (YUM!), laundry detergent, gu, a pocket that's an armband (nifty!), and anti-chafe gel.
But I think this month, Month #3 is probably my favorite so far. I shall unveil the whole thing, hope you're sitting down:
This is how it arrives in the mail:
 It's packaged all nice like with a sticker (they also give you a fresh sticker to stick on whatever you wish):
Here's the info card, it tells you about all the great stuff inside. I don't usually look at it right away, I like to rifle through everything first:



Look at all the stuff in there! This is one full box.

 Mmm hydration!
I've actually used these Nuun tablets before to add flavor and electrolytes to my water. Total score!





Lots of fueling options in this month's box. Now that it's getting nice out, these are very handy for taking on runs or eating right before one. This first one is so new, they haven't designed the wrapper yet. How cutting edge!




I haven't tried any of these yet, except the Barnana's. Those are delicious!
Now the stuff:
Every runner at some point experiences chapped lips. The elements can be so harsh on the skin, especially lips, so this is a great find in my box:
And you know those times when you just get home from a run, and your friend desperately wants to meet for a margarita? Yeah you do. Or maybe you just want one. Whatever. Either way, you have 5 minutes to put on real pants and get to the bar. These are just what you need:
They're also super useful if you run an overnight relay like Ragnar. They were super appreciated in our van!
And lastly, my most favorite item in this month's box:

I bet you can't figure out what it is. It has levels of awesome. LEVELS! First off, it's a slap wrap. That's right, slap that baby on your arm, and it wraps itself around. Quite possibly the best invention of the 80's. But that's not all. Nope it gets better. IT LIGHTS UP! Great for running at dusk or dawn. Also super useful for the previously mentioned overnight relays.
So yes, April is by far my favorite Stridebox to date. Which obviously is no surprise since April is my birthday month. Duh.
25 days till MY BIRTHDAY!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment