Thursday, March 28, 2024

Thursday's Threads

 


Outfit day again! This week is kind of flying by. Not a very exciting outfit today, but we'll have a fun one next week with an Easter candy theme. Eros was our model today, and here's what he had on:

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Brow band: Dark Jewel Designs

Eros is the first horse I've owned probably ever that flats in more bit than he jumps in. Most of mine use the same bit, but if I had one that jumped in something different it was usually slightly more than what we flatted in. But Eros likes less for jumping. I usually flat him with a little leverage to assist me in getting him to come round without having to pull so hard. But since right now he's just regaining some fitness and not yet doing "real flatwork" I'm riding him in his jumping bit. 

Saddle: Butet
Half Pad: Le Mieux
Baby Pad: Ogilvy
I actually bought this Ogilvy pad for a lil project I'm working on. But I haven't made much progress there so I decided to just use it in the meantime. 

Wraps: Anatomeq
I've really liked how the Eskadron liners and wraps have been working on Eros, but decided I'd like to try Anatomeq's version too. I figure for when it's hot this summer, these might be a better choice. Plus Anatomeq had a crazy sale for their anniversary this year and I snagged this whole set for just over $40 plus the shipping was free. I really like these, but I'm not sure the fit is right for Eros. I'm going to try them a few times and see if I might like them better if I shift the liner down a little lower. But I think they may just be a little too tall for him. Eros has short canon bones so this is a him problem and not a product problem. The wraps themselves are lovely. 

That's what E was wearing this week, and here's what I had on:

It keeps starting out as vest weather these days, but lately, I've been able to take it off part way through the day. Signs of hope for spring coming!

Helmet:Samshield
Yep, still this one. I still love it.

Sweater: Ronner
I've had this sweater for ages, but for whatever reason I haven't worn it much lately. It's such a nice weight because it's double sided, but isn't too thick. I love the little buckle detals for the trim.
 
Belt: Designer Inspired
Listen, I like nice things as much as the rest of us. But I also sometimes like knock offs. 

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman
Still waiting for some other company to figure out why TS breeches fit so much better than any other brand. Seriously. This shouldn't actually be magic. But maybe it is. I dunno. Anyway, these are black with tan patches. I got them second hand via Facebook.

Boots: La Mundial
Yep. These. They're pretty and whatever. But zero out of ten do not recommend dealing with this company. I'm debating whether I want to bring these whenever I make the pilgrimage to get all my broken boots repaired. These are a little bit too big in the calf. But I don't really think I want to spend any more money on them. They don't rub or anything, so are perfectly useful as is. 

That's what we wore today! Kind of a dull outfit, but perfectly nice for riding in anyway. I'm excited to share some ridiculousness next week, but I know me, and I'm pretty sure there will be spoilers on Instagram on Sunday. 


3 comments:

  1. Every time I see someone ask about LM boots I think of your boot misery with the company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes everything in me not to tell them to run every time I see someone ask!

      Delete