Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Truthful Tuesday

 

I don't really have a confession today, but I have a couple random things that sort of work for the theme. First is dose of luck that hit me this weekend. So Sunday, I got back to my barn after riding Pammon. I went to use the bathroom before I started riding the other two. Well, as I leaned over to drop my breeches, one of my earrings fell out! Not just any old earring, but I always wear these diamond studs that my mom gave me for my 18th birthday. My dad had given them to her, so they're kind of an heirloom. I never take them out.  So why was it lucky that it fell out? Well because I SAW it happen! Also it fell on the floor and not in the toilet, so that's also lucky... But I couldn't find the back for it anywhere. Not a big deal, I can replace that easily enough. But the story doesn't end there! 
I had a bunch of things to do Sunday besides riding. Like digging out winter blankets (it's effing cold here guys) and rolling a bunch of clean wraps. So by the time I made it inside to shower, it was around 7:30 PM. So I'm stripping down to shower, and I see in the mirror something stuck to my boob. (No idea why I didn't feel it...) I assumed it was hay at first glance (it's usually hay) but then I realize, it was the earring back! But HOW did it get in there? I had on a tight sports bra to hold my aching ribs together (more on that tomorrow) and a giant hoodie sweatshirt. So I have no idea how I got so lucky that the thing wound up in there. But it did! So lucky day for me!

My other anecdote comes from the barn's goat. His name is Merlin. He is enormously fat and was raised by the barn dogs. He has no idea he's a goat. You should see him with the barn owners new little rescue puppy. Hilarious. So the thing about Merlin... He's pretty smart. I know animals aren't supposed to be able to reason. But I swear this goat can to some extent. He knows how to open doors. So he sometimes lets himself into the tack rooms or the feed room (or the lounge...). But just being able to open doors isn't what makes him smart. What's smart, is after he enters a room he's not supposed to be in, he closes the door! Now, I realize he shouldn't be able to reason that closing the door will make him less conspicuous... but he does it EVERY time! I kinda think he knows.

Alright, that's all I've got for today. Any of you have smart goats? Or find jewelry in your bra?

6 comments:

  1. My goats aren't even smart enough to come up to the feed buckets every day at dinner, 0 change of them being able to open or close a door, hahaha.

    Also your earring story reminds me of when the stone fell out of that wedding ring I got for my anniversary last year! It JUST SO HAPPENED to fall out IN MY POCKET and I found it. Thank god.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! That is SO lucky! And also, this is why we shouldn't have nice things.

      Delete
  2. That's very lucky about the earring! My freshman year in college, I was in the computer lab working on a project (can you imagine? LOL) and I felt something drop and hit my pant leg and then heard a tiny clink -- it was 1 of the diamond earrings I had just gotten from my mom for my high school graduation. The back was totally gone and so was the earring. I looked EVERYwhere but I am pretty convinced it went down the air vent on the floor :( I ended up getting a 2nd cartilage piercing in my left ear to wear the single diamond I had left with my single tanzanite stud. Still wear them both today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that's terrible! I'm sorry you never found it, but glad you found a use for the remaining one!

      Delete
  3. With that sort of luck, you should have bought a lottery ticket!

    I have a goat that I always, affectionately, call Stupid Goat. He's not actually stupid, more of a PITA as he wants to be all up in your mix all. the. time.

    That wouldn't be so bad but he likes to 'play' which consists of him rearing up and headbutting you. DH thought it was cute at first and engaged in MMA sorts of battles with him. Until he got head butt in the ass one day while fixing our automatic waterer. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha! I'd have died! This one plays like that with the dogs. It's pretty hilarious. And when he's had enough he'll find any open stall to hide in.

      Delete