Thursday, September 3, 2020

Thursday's Threads: The one with the new boots!

 


Full disclosure here... There were a couple of factors that meant I shouldn't actually ride in my fancy new boots last night. First, it had rained all day, and I'm not taking them out in the mud nor risking them getting rained on just yet. The glittery leather is pretty delicate and not meant for questionable conditions. Second, I was trying my temporary saddle and wanted to be able to focus on that and not on boots that aren't yet broken in. BUT I did plan my outfit around them, so gladly took some photos. So here we go, let's see them boots!

Um... yeah I made some stuff to match my boots. You'll see shortly. 

I'll start with the boots since that's why we're all here.

Boots: Celeris UK
Spur Straps: Celeris UK
Spurs: unknown from Amazon




You guys. I can't stop staring at them. They're so pretty. Ridiculous? Yes, definitely. But I LOVE them. I'm completely entertained to watch them change colors as I move. I rode in them Tuesday and they were already pretty broken in by my second horse. 

Breeches: Ovation Aqua-X
I figured plain black breeches would be best with these crazy boots. 

Belt: Stacie Original
I made this fun belt to go with the boots. It's only slightly adjustable though. It won't fit with every pair of pants... but that's okay, because it also won't match with every pair of pants.

Shirt: Stacie Original

Do you see something a little... extra on my logo? Do you see it? It's a unicorn! I gave my logo a fun update for this tee. That's holo, so it also changes colors as I move around. Normally it mostly just looks silver.

Helmet: One K Avance
I wish there were affordable, customizable MIPS helmets with LOTS of options available... Cause clearly I need a unicorn helmet. Samshield has a few great options, but alas... stupid expensive. I waste a lot of money on silly things, but I don't think I can drop over a grand on a crazy non-show worthy helmet. Especially if it doesn't have MIPS. But maybe I can hunt down something on sale... 

I did remember an arm party too!
Lefty:
Lefty is donning a thin cuff bracelet I made along with my trust apple watch.

Righty:
Righty has on a little Coach bangle with a unicorn skelly, a bit bracelet from the same fabric as my belt, the fitbit, and a cuff I found on Poshmark awhile back. All (except the fitbit) in fun unicorn colors.

And that's it! Aren't the boots amazing? I can't stop staring...



14 comments:

  1. This outfit is absolutely ridiculous....I LOVE IT LOL!!!

    The boots are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS IT. THIS IT THE PINNACLE. THIS OUTFIT CAN NEVER BE TOPPED!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until she finds a unicorn helmet, add that and it can't be topped!

      Delete
    2. And the bonnets! I FORGOT THE BONNETS! So I'll have to do another and figure out how to top this...

      Delete
  3. This outfit is fabulous and I LOVE those boots. My dream custom boots are a tie between black with rose gold or black with glittery accents. I don't think I'd want to do all glittery for durability sake, but I love the hint of color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah these aren't an everyday pair. Glitter is definitely better as an accent.

      Delete
  4. this outfit is amazing, and i covet those boots. and i really love the belt!!! i cant believe you MADE that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I had bought all the stuff to make this belt forever ago, and just finally got it done!

      Delete
  5. Those boots are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! The boots are fantastic and the tshirt bumps the whole outfit up a notch! :-D

    ReplyDelete