Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Truthful Tuesday: The one where I'm antisocial

It's been awhile since I've been part of a big barn with lots of people and barn activities. My trainer just has a small business with a handful of her own sale horses and I was her only full time client. So now that Eros is at a big boarding barn (I think there's around 60 stalls there) there's all kinds of social things that go along with that.
One of the boarders had a party Saturday night. She said something like 200 people were expected, and everyone at the barn was invited. She's someone I've known a long time actually (her dad used to be my dentist!) so I was planning to head over in the evening.
But Saturday was cold and rainy. After spending the day doing horsey things, I really wasn't super interested in hanging out outside under a tent with 200 people I probably don't know. Then again, I DID say I'd stop by. So I got my lazy self up, took a shower, put on cute (warm) clothes, and decided to drive over. Only there was absolutely no place to park! I circled around a couple times trying to find a spot to leave my car, but finally was like, ehhhhh I didn't really want to go anyway. So I didn't. I stopped by town and got takeout Thai food, and spent the night hanging with the pups and doing laundry.
So today's confession is that I drove to a party and promptly left in favor of hanging with my dogs. And honestly, I don't think it was a bad choice.

16 comments:

  1. been there done that. No shame in hanging with pups eating takeout. You may be my spirit animal :) HA HA HA

    and 60 stalls. YIKES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pups > humans every time!
      Yeah, it's a big place. The barn I managed after college was about the same size. It's doable with good help and a solid routine! But there's so many humans there. All the time.

      Delete
  2. Yes. And bonus points for making the effort!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that there's 4 of us at my new barn and 95% of the time I have the place to myself. My old barn only had about 20 stalls and most of us had multiple horses so there wasn't that many people. But when the western pleasure trainer moved in and suddenly there were lesson kids there all the time it SUCKED! I'm totally with you on the antisocial train!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the people all the time, but sometimes it can be overwhelming!

      Delete
  4. My new barn is way more social than Ins T's (well they had social events but they were all kid centric and I just didn't want to)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I like having the option to socialize. It can get lonely at home all alone all the time.

      Delete
  5. This sounds exactly like something I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is basically how I deal with every social outing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You totally get credit for trying! Also, I don't even KNOW 200 people to invite to a party...

    ReplyDelete