Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Truthful Tuesday

This is a funny one... So Friday evening I had plans to meet up with some long time friends to finally exchange holiday gifts and enjoy some delicious pizza at Otto. Otto is one of those trendy pizza places, and it's right in my town. Super tasty!
Anyway, we planned to meet there at 7. I was driving my truck because my driveway is a sheet of ice and no place at all for a car that is about ready for tires and only rear wheel drive. Due to driving said truck (aka The Boat), I couldn't park on the street. It was First Friday in town so it was packed full. Every first Friday of the month, the local shops and restaurants all stay open late and offer different discounts for the night. It's a fun promotion, and attracts a lot of people. It's less fun though when trying to dock the boat. So I parked at the post office which is a pretty short walk to Otto. Due to said walk, I was a couple of minutes late, so I sent a text to the friends. I didn't get a response, but figured I'd either see them in there or grab a table. Which is what I did. I sat for a couple minutes, got a water. And then thought it was odd for them to be late and not touch base. So I checked our email with the plans. Yeah... We're meeting up Friday the 9th!
Lol! I stayed and had dinner anyway, but relocated from my table for 4 to a seat at the counter. It was still delicious. My server and I had a good laugh about the whole thing. Apparently, someone else did the same thing earlier in the evening. I said, oh that's too bad, we could have eaten together! Funny thing is, I had plans to meet a different friend at the same place last night (which happened as planned, thank you very much...) and now I'll be back again Friday. That's a lot of pizza in the course of 8 days. And the same guy has been my server each time so far... He's going to think I'm stalking him.

Have you ever shown up at the right place but wrong time? Were you embarrassed? I totally wasn't, but do think it's hilarious!

14 comments:

  1. I am 100% sure I have done this and 100% sure I will do it again 😂 but hey, you can never have too much pizza, right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NEVER! Pizza for days! (My breeches may disagree with that statement.)

      Delete
  2. The minute you wrote pizza my mouth started watering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want pizza. Side note, did you order new green boots? Because the ones Fama are posting have your name all over them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never a bad time for pizza!
      Ummmm.... maybe????? Haha, you know me too well!
      Yes, they messed up on my gray ones and made the foot three sizes too big. My measurement was slightly off (like maybe a half size) but they agreed to make me a pair at half price. I decided to get green instead of gray this time.

      Delete
  4. Hmmmm...whomever are you talking about!? LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha oh yeah. In college, a friend and I lost track of time, thought we were late to class, RAN across campus, flung the door to the classroom open...

    ...and recognized no one

    Cough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have definitely done things like that, and I'm so happy to hear other people do, too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. not food but last nite i was trying to check in my husband for his flight back tonite and i may have sat on hold with AA For 20 minutes fuming only to be reminded there is a time difference with Memphis (Mic Drop). OMG. What an idiot. The guy and i had a good laugh about it. SO I am all over the map. I have often had the time or day wrong but usually realize it before I GET to the place we are meeting. I think it is hilarious that someone else did the same thing LOLLOL Too funny!! and pizza.....i bet it is awesome there....if u went 3 times

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, those time changes are tricky!
      I've only been twice so far... third time is tomorrow! It is tasty though.

      Delete