Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Truthful Tuesday

Today's confessions? It's that #imwithher. I headed out to my polling place bright and early about the same time I should have been walking into work to make sure that my vote counted. I am proud to say I was the 603rd person in my town to cast my ballot! They may not seem like a lot, but there are only 3800 people living in my town. And some of them are not of voting age. So that's pretty good turnout before 9 am!
I like that they post the actual 75 feet marker. Does every polling place do that? I can't remember if my last down did or not? Maybe they all do? For those that aren't aware, no one is allowed to try and influence voting within a 75 foot radius of the polling place.
I'm happy for that because the other guy did have someone kind of creepily watching the door.

It's his right to be there and all. But I did feel uncomfortable the way he glared at me (and pretty much everyone else) walking into the polling place. I was happy to have 75 feet of distance. And yes, I'm judging a book by it's cover (confession two I guess).
I hope that if you're eligible, no matter for whom you wish to vote, that you get out and use your voice today. Every vote counts. You are important, you matter, and you should be counted.


You're welcome for the creepiest photo of me that has ever been posted to the interwebs. GET OUT AND VOTE!

14 comments:

  1. I voted first thing this morning! We don't have 75 ft signs though, I like that idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice work! I like it too, there's no question where it's ok to stand.

      Delete
  2. I love the 75' sign idea, I didn't see one in Old Lyme today but love the idea. and what a creeperq!

    Katie @ KatieWanders.com
    www.KatieWanders.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Heebie jeebies... He really was staring at people in an uncomfortable manner.

      Delete
  3. Happy you voted! Sad about the results :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always do! Women fought hard for this right.
      I too am sad about the outcome. Sad, afraid, and angry. But we'll get through this. Or you'll have a lot of new neighbors moving up there!

      Delete
  4. I voted. Not that it did any good. We don't have the 75 foot signs, but I live in an area where no one messes with you when voting. And I usually mail in anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! I know it doesn't always seem like it counts, but it does.
      I think the 75 foot signs were originally intended more for the volunteers who are recruiting for their candidate more so than creepy guys... but this year it served a dual purpose I guess.

      Delete