Wednesday, July 15, 2015

What's Up Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday friends! It's been a busy week here, as seems to be the norm in the summer. Mostly good things though! Let's see what's up this Wednesday...

Horses:
We'll start with Rio this week. The last few weeks he's been a little extra slow moving and stiff. I was concerned that his EPM was progressing, and had the vet out to confirm my thoughts. Thankfully, I was WRONG! The old man just has an abscess in his front foot. Abscesses are super painful, and while I hate seeing my boy suffer, I'm so glad it's a simple thing that will completely resolve itself with a little TLC and a visit from the farrier. While waiting for the abscess to finish draining, he gets a fancy little bandage boot fresh each evening.

I'm hoping this thing resolves itself sooner rather than later. Now that the vet was out and he dug at it some, poor Rio can barely walk. I think he's a bit of an actor though, since as soon as the cookie jar comes out he works himself right over to me.

The Duck has been such a little sass monster this week! Wild hony. WILD! Hoping he calms himself down soon. I'm thinking about having my trainer out for a little professional guidance either this week or next.... Or maybe both. If only he'd lunge without trying to kick me in the face... if only.

Jampy is being a good boy for the most part. If you haven't already, you can read about our horse show on Saturday here.

My new jumps have started arriving! I didn't realize I'd have to assemble them, so photos of everything set up will have to come next week! Here are a few to hold you over though:




I had a quick braiding job Sunday evening:

This is Cadillac. He shows on the quarter horse circuit and is only 4! (Big four year old! Especially for a quarter horse!)

Pugs:

This was how they felt about me cleaning boots on Friday night. It's quite similar to their feelings on me cooking dinner Monday night:


They live a rough life.

Other:

In other happenings... I met up with Vanessa and her husband on Saturday night to stop by the local Carnival. We won toys. It was fun!

Sunday I had a little free time between errands since I have a fabulous new barn helper. I took full advantage of my free 20 minutes and enjoyed a coffee outside.

Followed that up with a trip to the farmer's market and then a super fun 1st Birthday Celebration for my friend's little boy.




That's what's up this Wednesday with me! What's up with you? Do anything fun this weekend?

4 comments:

  1. I love the purple jump! Abscesses are the WORST, but at they eventually go away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully my horse likes it too....
      The poor boy is still completely crippled. Though he is a bit of an actor.

      Delete