Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Truthful Tuesday

I cook almost never. I'm a master at assembling meals. But cooking them? Not so much. Which isn't to say I eat crap all the time (I mean... SOME of the time, but not all.) But I take shortcuts. I buy cooked rotisserie chicken and use that in my meals. One day right off the bird with some store bought mashed potatoes perhaps. Day two on a salad. Day three as chicken salad on a hard roll. You get the idea. But come summertime, I CRAVE a good healthy meal. Usually fish and some kind of veggie. You really can't take short cuts with fish. Or you'll die of some kind of parasite. I'm certain. Thankfully the Sunday Market (farmer's market) here in my town has a fish stand!
Once a week for the past two that I've been home to attend the market, I've bought myself a piece of fish and tons of veggies. Last week I made my dinner on Sunday. I had tuna with a side of sauteed veggies and potatoes.
Plenty of fish left over from here for use on a salad the next day for lunch!
 This week though, I decided to have my home cooked meal on Monday night. Which wasn't the best plan. I had to run out for dog food after riding, which meant I got home around 9:30. I started cooking dinner at 9:30! But confession 2: I use the George Foreman Grill to cook my fish, so it's pretty simple and really quick. (Do they even still sell those?! I got mine in college. Best thing ever.) So last night's dinner at around 10:00 pm was Wahoo and sauteed squash and zucchini.


Sorry for the terrible photo, I was starving. So starving that I ate ALL of it. It was delicious. Though I may have been a bit heavy handed with the olive oil. And I may have slightly overcooked the fish. Such is life.

Are you good in the kitchen? Home cooked meals all the time? More of an assembler like me?

2 comments:

  1. I suck in the kitchen! I am the worst for buying food at work everyday (which is super expensive). This is something I need to work on :)

    ReplyDelete