Wednesday, December 12, 2018

What's Up Wednesday

You ever have one of those times in your life where stuff just keeps getting mildly messed up? Like not enough to really be an issue, or cause any real sort of life altering whatever, but just enough that you're like omg stahhhhpppppp! Cause that's sort of how yesterday went. Which I realize is skipping ahead through the whole week to talk about now, but once I get all that off my chest, we can go back to the rest of the week.
So yesterday. It was a normal Tuesday up until lunch time. I was watering Jamp when an email came through from my most needy customer. So I picked up the phone to read it, and dropped it in a bucket full of water. Like whole phone, right in there. Then I quickly fished it out, only to have the cover slip off and the phone went BACK IN THE BUCKET! I can't even make that up. Anyway, I fished it out a second time and immediately ran to towel it off. So far so good as everything is working just fine. I hear that it's possible it could still shit the bed in a few days, but we shall have to wait and see I guess. Cross your crossables that my little phone survives as it seems apple has discontinued the SE model and I do not want a tablet sized phone.
So that was that. Then I get to the barn. The saddle fitter was there earlier in the day to check the Voltaire's fit on Eros. I had let ALL of the staff know there was a shimmable pad in our locker should he need some pad adjustment. I bet you can see where this is going... So I get there, and am tacking up when I realize they have cut open my sheepskin half pad and stuffed stuffing in there. My sheepskin pad! Also, I don't ride Eros in the Voltaire, I use my Hermes. So I don't want to use this shimmed up pad because it may not be right with the different saddle. Thus, they've ruined my half pad despite there being a perfectly shimmable pad available. Grrr. But whatever. It's just a pad right? Fortunately, I did have that other shimmable one there, so I had a pad to use. But still. I'm irritated. Sheepskin pads don't grow on trees you know!
Then I get home to a nice sparkly clean house. I have a lady who comes every other week to clean for me because I really suck at adulting. I've told her a few thousand times not to do the laundry, except for the bedding. So I come home to find my sweaters that say lay flat to dry in the dryer. Like four of them. I was so irritated I didn't even pull them out to see how tiny they've shrunk. Hopefully I'll get lucky and they'll be fine. Because of course it wasn't some cheapo Rue 21 sweaters, oh no. It was my Ralph Lauren ones. Because why wouldn't it be?
Fortunately, so far things are normal today, with the small exception of this happening when I went to cut up my apple for lunch:
Oops. I guess flatware does eventually wear out?
Anyway. Thanks for listening to my tales of whoa. Let's talk about the past week! There's actually not a whole lot to talk about. I had a great lesson on Eros Thursday. He still got a little strong, but was a rockstar all the same. We jumped through our first little one stride, and he jumped it cute as a little button. I'm really having a ton of fun with him.
Not sure why he looks so oddly long in this photo...
Friday evening after flatting Eros, I headed over to the nearby boarding barn (literally a quarter mile from where Eros lives) to braid my buddy Swanky.

I swear, this horse's mane practically braids itself. He's so good, he pretty much goes to sleep while I get to work. Plus he's a liver chestnut, so that makes him even better.
After that I stuffed the bay boys full of peanuts and snuggled the pugs for an hour before bedtime. Saturday I ran a few errands and then rode Eros fairly early. Followed that up with some groomies for the bay boys, and then finished up the last of the holiday shopping. I celebrated with some boozed up hot cocoa when I got home.
that mug is lying, there's SCHNAPPS in there.
 It's not drinking alone if the dogs are home right? Right.
Sunday I didn't have a barn helper, so I got up early to get the bay boys turned out and the stalls cleaned. It was effing cold out. You can tell because my mug said so.
Also got the Chanukah socks hung. (Which I realize was on the last night Chanukah, but for some reason Chanukah Harry always comes on Xmas eve to stuff them anyway.)

The boys got groomed before I was off to ride Eros. The rest of Sunday day was spent sorting presents and cleaning up the house. Gotta clean before the cleaning lady comes ya know? For the evening my brother, sister-in-law, kids, and I headed over to have dinner with Dad for the last night of Chanukah. My step mom has been out of town with her parents, so he was all by his lonesome. It was a nice, low key evening. Typical Dad does dinner style, we had pizza. Ha!
And that's about it from my week! I'm heading to see Hamilton tonight, and I'm stupid excited about that!
What's up with you guys? How was your week/weekend? How do you feel about people accidentally ruining your stuff? Like do you get mad, even though it's probably not worth it? (This is why I'd rather do things myself, but you can only do so much, ya know?)
Let's chat in the comments!

14 comments:

  1. What a day full of aggravations! I hope your phone survives. I dropped one in a snowbank once (and didn't find it for hours) and it survived. But I left it in rice a full 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I just googled it today, and apparently they made this model water resistant but never told anyone! So I think I dodged a bullet!

      Delete
  2. OMG! I would be livid about the half pad AND the sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was! But then I decided to calm myself down and it's just stuff.

      Delete
  3. Ummm I would be pretty annoyed about the half pad... and the sweaters... and the phone. UGH. I will say though, your braids are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely annoying. Trying to be mature about it, haha!
      Thank you! It's been awhile, so I was glad they came out well!

      Delete
  4. Time to go back to bed and hit reset on the week :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh on phone. Hope it survives. and ugh on rest of your week (except for the snuggles with pugs and bays and riding Eros ) OH AND HAMILTON i would sacrifice my phone gladly for a night watching Hamilton :) HA HA HA..... I would be so p;od about the pad. who does that? UGH...and I wish i had someone to clean and do laundry but not my sweaters ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phone seems ok. Apparently this model is water repellent! Who knew?! (Not me anyway.)
      Hamilton was everything they say it is. So unbelievably good.
      It is nice having someone to clean. I decided the amount of misery and angst I was putting toward trying to find time to clean was worth what it cost to just have it done. But she moves all my stuff around which drives me absolutely bananas. I'm not sure it will be worth the cost forever...

      Delete
  6. They CUT your half pad to stuff stuff in it?? What in the....... I would be losing my mind lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Well, they cut the seam open. SO I guess I could have it repaired? But like, why????

      Delete
  7. Hope your phone is surviving. I love the size of my SE and I have been holding off getting a new phone forever, but it has gotten so bad at holding a charge, I had to make plans for a new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still alive! I googled it finally, and it turns out, this phone is water resistant! Dodged a bullet there!
      I got this one in August, but the battery life is still pretty bad. It's better than the one it replaced though. I don't think they're going to be making this size anymore, and I'm really sad about that. Hopefully they're quietly coming up with something behind the scenes...

      Delete