Wednesday, July 27, 2016

What's Up Wednesday!

This week has been pretty low key around here. We're definitely in those hazy, lazy days of summer, and I LOVE it! It's been in the low 90's and although it's humid, I really can't complain. I just love summer. Wish it would last longer!
I even wore shorts. Which happens maybe once a year. You may require sunnies to view this photo of my never exposed legs.

The pugs, however, think it's too hot:
Pug puddle

so hotz. can't move.
The horses have been "working" all week... But I use that term loosely. After my time away, Jamp is having a hard time settling back to work. Also I moved the jumps finally so he seems to think he's moved across the country. There clearly are nothing but dragons in every part of the ring now. It's not easy being Jamp.
New course that I have yet to jump because monsters.

Prior to moving jumps

Also before moving jumps

Mommy... Did you SEE THAT?! No Jamp. I didn't.

That fence keeps the monsters in the ring. Safe for snackz

Mom, enough with the selfies.
don't make me go out there.

 Romes has been really good! I've been trying to get him to stand and relax when he hears the campers being rowdy on the other side of the woods, or the loudspeaker from the triathlon. Some days are more successful than others of course, but he's definitely making the effort. I like this little horse so much!
The grass is KY was way better than this...

I'm so handsome in an app!

not scared of fake flowers

I thought I was scared of this, but no. No monsters here.
Since Rio is still fighting off whatever it is that's making his legs big, I wanted to make sure he got out for a walk everyday. With the heat I didn't want to do too much with him, so we either hand walked or tack walked around the property. And maybe had some grass too...
Mom, this isn't my best side.

riding snackzzzzz!

This shadow makes me look fat.

Damn Pokemon are all over the arena.

Past my bedtime.

Handsome in any filter.

Also handsome sans filter.
I had a nice flat on Badger Saturday and was hoping to jump him Sunday, but he threw a shoe. This horse... I'm telling you, he's thrown more shoes since I've owned him than I think any of the others have total in the last five years. Trainer let me ride one of her Grand Prix horses Sunday instead though, so that was super fun.
One more selfie, and I'll take off a shoe.

Told you.
After horsing around (literally) all day on Saturday, I was DYING for a lobster roll. Because New England Summer, duh. And then I remembered that they have them at the Snack Shack! I was super excited because the Snack Shack is located at the lake that's just around the corner from my house. Walking distance! (And you pass a pokestop on the way...)
Dinner
view.

Best. Decision. Ever.
After stuffing my face, I had a few errands to run, so that obviously culminated in a little frozen yogurt. I mean, when it's still 91 degrees at 9 pm, you need a cold treat, right?

I'm also getting organized to post some more reviews over at Beeju Boxes. I have Heart to Horse Box, Barkbox, and Nicole's Creations almost ready to post. So be sure to head over there to see what goodies arrived this month!

After a long weekend of horsing, eating, and moving jumps, I realized the Pugs had the right idea so i joined them in their loafing.
And that my friends is what's up this Wednesday! What's up with you? Do anything fun this past week? Any horse shows or road races? Tell me what you've been up to in the comments!
I shall leave you with last night's gorgeous sunset.





8 comments:

  1. So when I can come visit to 1. ride in your amazing arena full of excellent jumps and 2. eat my way through the northeast??

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice running jumping shots!! :D food looks good too!

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect way to spend the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No complaints here! Maybe if I could skip the working parts and just play with ponies all day... But then I couldn't afford them!

      Delete