Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Truthful Tuesday

Oh do I have confessions for you today.... You guys. I did the unthinkable on Saturday! I had SO MUCH to do and I forgot one VERY IMPORTANT thing. Like super, really, imperative. UGH. Please don't have my children taken away...
Alright, here's what went down. Saturday morning I had to run a ton of errands. Since I haven't had a barn helper for the last many weekends, I was pretty behind on picking up meds for Pia and myself (don't worry, we hadn't run out). I also needed to get gifts for two different people and re-stock the horse cookies. And I had no barn helper again. Oh and I needed to feed the neighbor's cat. No biggie, I could get that all done. I got up at 7, went out to the barn, fed hay, and topped off waters. I went and fed the cat. Went back in the house to make myself presentable to the public and fed the dogs. I ran all the errands I had to run. Came home and did the barn chores. I didn't end up having enough time to ride sadly. And then I went to feed dinner. And that's when I realized my horrible mistake. I FORGOT TO FEED THE HORSES THEIR BREAKFAST GRAIN! OMG. I starved my horses. You'd think they'd have been all, "Hey Mom! We're STARVING!" But no. My horses are oddly polite about food. I felt so bad they got a ton of extra cookies with dinner. Have any of you ever done that?! I feel so terrible. I mean, they ate hay all day, but still. Poor babies. Worst. Mom. Ever.

My other confession is way less terrible. Just lazy. See this pile of wraps?
I haven't wrapped a horse since probably October. These have all been sitting in a similar heap on top of the dryer pretty much since then. I mean, at least they were clean... But still. That's a long time to not put away the laundry. I did finally get to it on Sunday.
Much better.

 Do you have anything you need to confess today? Tell me about it in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. OOPS. LOL. Sounds like somehow they managed even with a tiny but of unplanned fasting <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem none the worse for the wear. I bought a very big bag of carrots last night in an effort to beg forgiveness.

      Delete
  2. That picture of so many rolled wraps makes my heart happy lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! Despite my lazy tendencies, I really do crave order in my life!

      Delete