So what is the Liebster Award all about? Well... there's no ACTUAL award, but the nomination helps spread the word about a blog. It's meant to boost readership, but is also a fun way to learn a little bit about the bloggers you follow, and meet some new ones! Here are the rules:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you (check)
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you (see below)
3. You must pick 10 up and coming bloggers to be nominated for the award (I'm not sure I know 10...)
4. You must create 10 new questions for your nominees (see below)
5. You must notify your nominees (check)
Here are the questions Rachel asked:
1. What is the greatest food you have ever eaten?
This is so hard to answer. I LOVE FOOD. Summer is hopefully approaching, so I'm going to say the Ice Cream cake that my friends in college got me one year for my birthday from Ben & Jerry's. It was heaven. HEAVEN!
2. What is your favorite household appliance?
Probably my TV. I live alone with the pugs, so the TV keeps me from feeling lonely. He's always there for me, except for that time I lost power for 7 days. But that wasn't his fault. The Pugs love him too!
3. What is your spirit animal, and why?
This is a toss up between horse and pug...
I say horse because they're just like me. They love to show off the things they're good at, but deep down, they're huge chickens. They're a little wild, but aim to please. Affectionate, but enjoy their alone time.
And I say Pug for the obvious. They love eating and being lazy. My two favorite things!
4. If you could achieve one goal to make the world a better place, what would it be?
Teach honesty. It really is the best policy.
5. What is the strangest thing that you are afraid of?
Squirrels in my house. It's a legitimate fear. I didn't have the blog during my infestation, but suffice it to say, living with squirrels is not pleasant.
6. If you could be friends with a television cast, which cast would you choose?
Friends. I would steal Chandler from Monica.
7. What is the most important attribute you look for in someone when forming a relationship (be it platonic or romantic)?
Honesty. (That keeps coming up!) I hate being lied to. I'm not the suspicious type, but in these days of social media, I regularly read things that do not jive with what I've been told. Usually little unimportant things, but if people are dishonest about that, imagine what they're hiding!
8. If you had to come back and live your life all over again, what would you change?
This may sound like a big fat lie, but there's not much I'd change. What I've experienced has shaped who I am. If I could change some things for other people in my life, I'd love to save some lives. I've known a few people who left earth way too soon. I guess that's what I'd change, bring them back to live their lives.
9. If you could play any instrument, what would it be?
The triangle. Because really, how many people play that?!
10. What word would you eliminate from the English language if you had a chance?
And here are my questions:
1. What was your most memorable birthday?
2. If you could go on a shopping spree in any one store/website where would it be?
3. What's the one thing you're REALLY good at?
4. What's the one thing you love about yourself?
5. If you could have one pet, what would you choose? Anything goes, it's hypothetical after all!
6. What's your least favorite thing you have to do regularly?
7. What's the most impulsive thing you've ever done?
8. If you had ten minutes to gather your most prized possessions, what would you take? (Loved ones and pets excluded, they're already safe. Nothing really awful happens in my hypothetical world.)
9. What's the most random thing you've ever won?
10. What is your most favorite thing in the world? Could be living or inanimate.
And now.... <<drumroll>> My Nominees:
1. Katie at Running a Ragnar
2. Lacey at My Boyfriend Hates Makeup
3. Liz at All Things Candid
4. Dawn at A Frugal Diva, WHAT?!
5. Teena at Disabled Mommy of 2
6. Meg at Runaway Royalty
Um... that's only 6. If anyone has four more they'd like to nominate, just link them in the comments below!
Also, some very odd formatting things went on with this post... I don't know why some things are highlighted in white. But I can't make it go away. Just try to ignore it.