Wednesday, August 30, 2017

What's Up Wednesday

I nearly forgot to write What's Up Wednesday today! Thankfully, I remembered. I'm sure you'd all be super sad to miss all the craziness that was last week.  Let me just start out by saying, I'm SO GLAD local finals are done. I'm not sure I could survive another weekend of not sleeping enough.
I took Friday off from work last week. Originally, I was going to take a half day because I had Yankee tickets for the evening game (Star Wars Night!!!). But then I was asked to braid a horse in the morning, and I decided to just take the whole day. Who wants to get up extra early to braid before work, suffer through a half day, get done later than you were supposed to, and then rush around getting the horses and dogs set up for the pet sitters? Not me! Plus, by skipping work, I had time to ride Badger before leaving for NY.
So, I started braiding around 8:
Jack was a good boy, so I had mane and tail done by 9. (He went on to win his class at finals!) Perfect timing to get to Badger!
He's due for shoes on that questionable foot so it was another walk trot weekend for us. He was a good boy though. I rushed out of there, and got home with enough time to ride Jampy (quickly).
Rio got the day off so I could grab a shower before heading to the train station. He didn't mind at all. Since it was Star Wars Night AND a Friday, the stadium was sold out. This adorable little kid, along with Darth Vader threw out the first pitch:
It was a great game, and it went into extra innings. Which normally I'd be super happy about, but I had to be up at 6 to braid again in the morning. They ended up losing 2-1 at 11 PM. I got home a little after 2 and went right to bed. (Spoiler alert: I'm legit still tired.)
The horse I had to braid Saturday morning was a bit of a nudge, so he took a little longer than I wanted. And it really wasn't my best work. Hard to braid a moving target. But I got him done, and was only a little late to ride Badger.

Despite my questionable braiding job, this guy finished second in his class!
Had another nice, light hack on Badger, followed by riding Rio and Jampy at home. Light hacks for everyone, cause I was barely awake.

I had plans to meet up with my mom after feeding the boys to go to the local fair, so I knew I had to follow the one golden rule of busy weekends: DON'T SIT DOWN TILL IT'S BEDTIME! Once I was done in the barn, I grabbed a shower but still had time to kill. The pugs were pretty happy because I gave them that free time. We played in the yard for awhile until the bugs got bad.



Somehow, it still wasn't time to feed and mom hadn't arrived yet, so I broke the rule and took a 15 minute power nap. Much needed.
My town's fair is really tiny, but I managed to have a great time with my mom. I ate ALL the things, cause that's what fairs are for. And then I found my new horse and proceeded to spend a lot of money to win him.
Everyone, I'd like you to meet Corny:
He's settled in nicely. Doesn't eat much at all, never poops, and enjoys hanging out on the couch.
I honestly have no idea what to do with him. But I'm pretty happy to have him around. Between Corny and the almost life-sized cut out of Rio, this house is starting to really seem a little off. This might be why I'm single...
Also at the fair was an artist making things out of glass. He made figurines and necklaces. I was going to buy a pretty pink heart necklace (they were all $10, so inexpensive!) but then I realized you could make requests. I asked for a green horse (obviously) and then added a horse shoe to my order. You guys, these pendants are gorgeous! And $10?! The horse is incredible.

I'm kind of afraid to wear the horse because I don't want to break it. But I'm told it has a lifetime guarantee so if I ruin it, he'll fix or replace it. Though he was quick to point out he meant his lifetime, not mine. Lol. Artists got jokes!
After stuffing my face with fried oreos, it was time to head home and crash. My poor body was pretty happy to not move even an inch for a solid 7 hours (finally).
Sunday was pretty quiet. I rode all three horses. Jampy had a little school. I was excited to watch the video because he really finished up great. I felt like his last few jumps he really used himself. Unfortunately, my phone stopped recording after five minutes. Boo. So this is the best I could get:


Trainer is a little funny about feeding the horses weird stuff, so Badger missed out... But Rio and Jampy enjoyed some candy apples from the fair.

I finished the evening off with a lobster roll at the lake. It was one of the last live music nights. This coming weekend they're having a band Saturday, but I don't think I'll make it over. And MAYBE they'll have something the weekend after, but then the Snack Shack closes down for the season. I'm so sad. I'm not ready for summer to end. Nor for my weekly lobster rolls to stop. I'm glad I've been making an effort to go though. I've met a lot of the neighbors who I hadn't in the 10 years I've lived here. Guess I'm finally becoming a townie!
This week has been really busy at work, and I'm still trying to catch up on sleep. I gave the horses Monday off, so after yoga, I stopped for groceries and just relaxed a bit. Tuesday was rainy, so I flatted Jamp, but gave Rio a second day off. Tonight everyone flatted again. Hopefully Jampy will jump a little tomorrow if it doesn't rain.
Also, I have to fangirl a bit here... Tucker Tweed shared one of my photos on Instagram!
If only photo shares came with free hand bags... Amiright?!

Well, that's what's up this Wednesday! What's up with you? Did you get lots of sleep this weekend? If you did, can you tell me all about it? I really miss sleeping.

8 comments:

  1. Badger is the cutest. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your braids are on point!! Look fab over fences also :) What a crazy but fantastic weekend. I like the new herdmember too :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think the new herd member will fit in just fine! Maybe I should haul it around to horse shows and have it be our mascot.

      Delete
  3. Dang, you've got some killer braiding skills! I just found your blog and have been enjoying readying through your entries! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been at it a LONG time!
      Welcome, I hope you're enjoying the blog! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. That's a lot of stuff going on. Love the big floppy unicorn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much stuff! Thanks, I was stupid excited to take him home. Which wasn't easy because I didn't take the truck to the fair. #lessonlearned

      Delete