Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Stridebox!

I haven't done a review of anything in awhile. So I figure it's time. Plus, this time I've actually used some of the products so I can give real opinions! Woohoo for being (semi) prepared!
So I'm going to review October's Stridebox today. The theme, as was with most boxes this month, is breast cancer awareness, so lots of pink! (A GREAT cause, though I kind of wish it was simply cancer awareness month. They all deserve recognition and support because all cancer's are just awful).
So let's go! First Look:
Forgive the tear in the paper, I couldn't wait to see what was inside and opened prior to taking photos. I have no self control.
Sticker:
 Info card, front and back:

The YUM Fuel:
Honey Stinger Strawberry waffle
This thing is amazing. It's like a waffle cookie with strawberry goodness inside. I wish I had a case of them. I may need to get more of these.
 Chocolate Agave gel:
Truth: I haven't tried this one yet. But it's chocolate, so I'm pretty game to give it a go soon!
 Fig Bar:
I THOUGHT this was just a bar, like a power bar or something like that. But ACTUALLY it's like a fig newton. But yummier. Yes. YUMMIER! I want more of these too. I had gotten one in another box and hadn't eaten it yet based on my earlier assumption. But it too has gone down the hatch. DELICIOUS.
 Apple and cherry bar:
I haven't had this exact one yet, but I have had fruit bars from this company before and they're pretty good. Though I think the Fig Bar and the Strawberry Waffle each trump it.
 Hydration:
Ok, ok, I haven't tried this one yet either. I've been lazy with my fluids and have mostly been sticking to water. I'm sure it's tasty though, Raspberry Lemonade is one of my faves.
There were several items in here that fall under my "stuff" category this month:
BoiFreeze Pain relieving gel:
I haven't tried this yet either, but I use similar products on my horses. They seem to love them! Next time I fall on a sidewalk I'll have to give it a try though. (Yeah, sadly, I'm sure there will be a next time.)
 Tape:
This is that fancy tape you see athletes in the Olympics wearing. I'm still not entirely sure how or when to use it. But I'm going to do some research and maybe give it a try soon!
 Backpack:
I love these things. I've been using the one I got from the Disney Princess Half Marathon for races ever since I got it in 2011. Perhaps it's time to switch to this one...
As you can see, another AWESOME Stridebox this month. If you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend it! At $15.00 a month, it's not a huge cost to try some great new products. Also, I haven't had to buy a gel or energy bars since I subscribed. Stridebox keeps me well stocked! They were even featured in Runners World Magazine, which somewhat delayed delivery this month as they weren't quite prepared for all of their new customers. But the delay was minimal, I hadn't noticed until the sent an email apologizing. That's right, they told ME, I didn't even notice. Great customer service in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment