Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Ahhhhhh.... Vacation.

I've been on vacation since Thursday. And by vacation, I mean two of my horses and I are in VT enjoying some beautiful scenery and doing a little horse showing too.  It is GLORIOUS!
Not very impressive prizes week one, but the boys were very well behaved!
The first few days were pretty busy. Jamp showed Thursday when we arrived, and Rio showed Friday and Saturday. Sunday wound up being a day off for us as was Monday. Tuesday is warm up day at the horse show, but since my boys don't really need to practice a whole lot, we just went out for an easy workout on the flat. More of that today (Wednesday). I think tomorrow will be a lesson for Jamp and one last easy ride for Rio. Showing Rio again Friday and Saturday, Jamp Saturday and Sunday. Phew!
Show days are always really early mornings, so I wasn't able to get any runs in. But I figured Tuesday would be a perfect day to go since Monday was for resting. It was pretty chilly in the morning, so I saved the run for after working the horses. It was the perfect plan, temps in the low to mid 70's with a light breeze. Gorgeous day for a run:
This was toward the end of my run. Fortunately I've been coming here for a long time, so I know the entire end of the run is up hill. I planned accordingly and ran farther into town, so I could have a nice cool down stroll up the mountain when I was done. Cheating? Maybe, but I'm on VACATION!
I also got to exercise my wallet while on vacation... I have yet to decide if that's good or bad. Shopping makes me happy, but I really need to start behaving myself! When I get home, the reckless spending must end. Sad face. I have two weddings to go to in September so I found two dresses marked down to $49.00 each. They both retailed around $200, so that was pretty good! Here are some bad photos of them:

They look tons better on, trust me. I do need to find shoes for them when I get home, but there's a small chance I have something already. (Hopefully!) Speaking of shoes.... I also got these:

Bad photos I know, it's dark in my motel room. The bottom ones are for wearing at the horse show, the ones that look the same up top there are actually gold and pretty silly. And I love them. Yay shoes!
Not to be completely selfish though, I also got presents for everyone helping me out at  home. I hope they like their gifts!
The HIGHLIGHT of my shopping happened at the Vermont Country Store.

Have you ever been? You should definitely stop in if you're ever in Southern Vermont. They have lots of old fashioned toys (in old fashioned packaging no less!) and all kinds of delicious snacks. You can pretty much find anything you could ever need there from housewares to clothing. Though the clothes... we'll just say are also old fashioned.
My second favorite purchase here was for my niece:
Adorable right? She's too young right now to care, but I think she'll love this next year. Raggedy Ann was one of my faves when I was little. My neighbor made me one of these dolls even. I still have her :)
But here it is. The HIGHLIGHT of my entire trip to VT:
NEW BROOMS! Seriously. I'm not even being facetious. These are the best brooms for sweeping my rubber barn floor, and I just put my last unused one out on the floor. I bought all they had, but this should hold me over until next year.
So that's what I've been up to! Spending money, horse showing, and a little running thrown in there too.
How is your summer going? Do anything fun and exciting? Do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment