Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Truthful Tuesday

Oh dear... this is a doozy... Saturday morning, I stopped into Dunkin Donuts for a bagel and giant coffee before doing the barn chores. I'm in line behind a woman and who I think is her little boy. The woman finishes her order, and pays. She walks away. The teen behind the counter says "next in line." The little boy is still loitering at the counter but just standing there, not AT the register, just to the side. I, assuming he's with the lady and not paying attention, walk around him and start placing my order. Then I look back at a confused looking little boy and realize I totally just cut him in line. He wasn't with that lady at all! OMG. I just completely disregarded this kid. On the one hand, he should have  been paying attention. But I ALWAYS check with people near me to be sure it's actually my turn. Not this time... I said to him, "were you in line? Did I totally just cut you?!" And he was all, "yeah..." I was like, "I am SO sorry! Go ahead, go ahead!" But he said, "it's ok, you go, I have to ask my dad something and shows me his cell phone." (Seriously, this kid is maybe 8, and he has an iphone.) Anyway, I still feel horribly guilty about this... I should have paid for his stuff. Didn't think of that till later either. This is why I need coffee BEFORE venturing out in public.
Have you ever done anything like this?! On a scale of 1 to 10, how horrible of a human does this make me?

2 comments:

  1. how many 8 year old sit on their phone while ordering at dunkin donuts. None. fine one. You are a wonderful human being. I wouldnt sweat it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks! I think he was just texting his dad, and likely he was texting, "Dad some rude lady just cut me in line!" Hahaha! Poor kid. Although probably, a kid that little should maybe have an adult with him, no?

      Delete