Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thursday's Threads: Travel Edition


I'm in FLORIDA! With too many suitcases, but whatever. I'm here!!!! I'm a firm believer that when traveling one must be comfortable, yet not schleppy. Unless you're traveling overnight, then by all means, wear a track suit. But make sure it's a nice one. So here's today's travel outfit (my apologies for not having a mirror):

Jeans, a nice looking T, and well I had shoes on... More on that later. We'll start with the sweatshirt that was shed prior to picture taking:
Sweatshirt: Forever 21
Nothing too fancy, but it has horses on it. That makes it the best sweatshirt ever. Duh. It's nice also because it's pretty light weight. No dying of heat stroke while walking through the Palm Beach Airport.

T-shirt: Max Studio
I'm pretty sure you've seen this one before. I wear it a lot. It's one of my faves. This top lays perfectly no matter what's happening underneath it (for instance the addition of a fat roll or two...). It's comfy and cotton and doesn't require ironing. Maybe one of the best shirts ever made.

Pants: Vigold Jeans
Look at those thighs! WHOA. Just to be clear, they're not large, they're sturdy. Anyway, back to the pants. These are my go-to comfy jeans. They're super stretchy. I have two other pairs in a lighter shade of blue too. They fit with or without the extra 15 lbs I'm carrying, without even showing my fat! I bet these were the pants from that movie Sisterhood of the Traveling pants.

Shoes: Sperry's
I loved these shoes when I found them on sale for super cheap. LOVED THEM! It's hard to see from the photo, but the tan part around the foot opening is a goldish colored canvas. ADORABLE! And really rough. Like REALLY rough. So much so that I couldn't take better photos because they made me bleed. Through my socks, onto the shoes. I knew they were rubbing some, but I did not realize they were mortally wounding me! RIP socks. At least I travel with cute bandaids:
Belt: Ralph Lauren
I know you've all see this one before. It gets plenty of use. I bet come summer it will be a staple!

Bag: Tory Burch
This Tory Burch tote was meant to be my new horse show bag, but it's also the perfect carryon size. It's big enough for my laptop and necessities, but not so big I have to CRAM it under the seat. Perfect! Plus it has ponies on it.

Arm Party:
Left:
I was in a hurry trying to get out of the house this morning and didn't realize until, well, now, that I should have reversed the bracelets. These should have gone on righty, and righty's little lone one should have gone with my trusty watch. Oh well. Next time! You've seen all these before... Photo bracelet, Hermes wrap bracelet (A REAL ONE!), and my trusty time piece.

Right:
See what I mean? Righty is kind of bare with only this lone Tory Burch bracelet. I just got this one on sale from their website. Literally, it came yesterday in the mail. Just in time for my trip! Yay!

So that's it from here in (partly) Sunny Florida! Ok, it's raining right now, but the sun was out when I got here. Whatever, it's still better than the cold rain at home! Did I mention it's 83 degrees? No? Oh, well it's 83 degrees! Home is 48. This is better. I think I'll stay.

What are you wearing today? Warm or cold where you are? Hope you're having a great week!

4 comments:

  1. love the bag and shoes!! so chic! :D

    Have a Great Week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those evil shoes... I still love them!

      Delete
  2. that bag is adorable! And omg killer shoes!

    Katie @ www.runningaragnar.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I needed the pony bag. And a dress in the same pattern... And maybe the t-shirt too when it went on sale. Just maybe...
      Those shoes... I'm not sure we're meant to be.

      Delete