Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Truthful Tuesday

This past weekend I attended a baby shower for one of my close friends. I had been collecting items for her gift since finding out about the baby, so I was super excited for the party! But in my excitement, and knowing I had the gift all ready other than having it wrapped, I forgot to get a card! Can you imagine?! You can't not have a card at a baby shower. But it was late when I made this discovery and couldn't head out to get one. The party was at noon on Sunday and I had to do the barn chores before hand. Meaning: No time for card buying. Ugh. What kind of friend am I? And after the last time I forgot to get a card (for another friend's wedding) I had bought blank cards to have on hand. Just in case. Except, I couldn't find them. In my frantic hunt for something that resembles a card, know what I found? A BABY SHOWER CARD! I'm not even kidding. I don't know where it came from. But I'm super thankful to Karma. I'm sure I did something nice for someone at some point, and finally it came back to me!

Have you ever forgotten the card? Why is it so hard for me to remember them?

4 comments:

  1. i can totally feel for you. i have forgotten bday and holiday cards before!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the WORST about cards. I just can't get myself together to buy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really should just buy a whole bunch for different occasions so I'm prepared. But I like finding the right one for the person, ya know? It only backfires when I forget to find it...

      Delete