Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Truthful Tuesday


My confession this week is that I've been irrationally emotional lately when it comes to my four legged kids. Rio has a sore back leg, and I can't figure out where exactly the problem lies. I have calls in to the farrier AND the vet, and I'm waiting to hear back from both as to when they can come check him out. In the meantime, I pretty much cry every time I watch him trot, and have convinced myself that he's probably retiring. As I said, irrational. He probably just has a bruise in his foot, or a pulled muscle, and I'm immediately jumping to the worst conclusions. But he is my best friend and it's like torture to see him uncomfortable. I mean, look at that face:


Adding to my irrational emotions, my little P has been having a rough time. She keeps getting bladder infections, and antibiotics only seem to "cure" it for a week or two at a time. So I brought her in for an ultrasound yesterday. The vets told me that she either has an infection that needs stronger meds for longer, or she has cancer. Yeah. My baby girl might have cancer. Ugh. Talk about the worst conclusion right? So I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for the results of the culture they took to determine what our next step will be. Thankfully P provided all sorts of comic relief yesterday while she was all doped up from her procedure. Look at THAT face:



Poor sleepy girl! So anyway, now I wait to find out what the story is with two of my four legged kids. Waiting is the worst, and I can't pretend like I haven't done a little bit of eating my feelings... Hey, I'm only human. It's so hard when you can't do anything to fix them!

Anything you need to confess? Have you been through any of these things with your pets? What do you do while you wait?!



No comments:

Post a Comment