Monday, April 7, 2014

Monday again already...


This is how I feel about Monday too Artie. But let's talk about the weekend instead!

Friday evening was rather chilly, so I opted not to ride the wild animals after work. They didn't mind very much at all. (My horses are as lazy as I am.) As I was leaving work, my brother asked if I was busy. Apparently my work had a team attending a fund raiser for the local school system, and we were short members. And by team, he meant he was going and didn't have anyone else yet. And by fund raiser, he meant spelling bee. Seriously! I said sure, I used to be a decent speller! So my Friday night was spent at a spelling bee. It was actually REALLY fun! I highly recommend. They don't mess around! (We lost but came in tied for 3rd.)


See that lady in the front facing the contestants? If you live in the north east, you might know who she is! She's the lady from the Bob's Discount Furniture commercials. Her kids attend the school for which we were fund raising. She is also a teacher!

This weekend I was without a helper in the barn, so I was up early to take care of the larger of my four legged kids. I actually love doing the morning chores, I just wish I could do them later... (I will never be a morning person.) Here are some adorable photos of my kids:



After chores I got to ride in my new helmet! I had no idea how uncomfortable the old one had gotten until I put a nice cushy new one on my head! Ahhh, no headache!


It even matches my old half chaps, though they are not long for this world...



I had ordered new custom ones in August, but they've been sent back 3 times and still don't fit. Getting my money back for those. 3 strikes and I tend to give up.

Clearly they think I'm VERY tall...

Saturday evening I was meeting up with some girls from work at a nearby art studio called The Drunken Pallette. It's a byob class and at the end you have a pretty painting to take home! I was a little apprehensive that my painting may look like kindergarten art, but they actually all came out great! Here are some photos from the super fun evening:





Admittedly, my sunflowers look more like daisies, but hey, close enough! I'd love to go back. It takes about two hours, all of the supplies are provided, and you can drink wine. All for $35.00! Well plus the wine, you have to bring your own.

Sunday brought more barn chores, more riding, and a little time in the sun with the Pugs!



You may notice there's no running mentioned in the weekend recap... There's a good reason for that! I didn't run... Oops. I haven't run since the 8 miler last week! Hey, everyone needs a break sometimes. I've been so busy with the horses, I haven't fit running into the schedule. Springtime riding is extra tricky as the horses are a little fresh from the cooler temps and time off. Throw in there noisy neighbors, lots of wind, and someone in the distance enjoying some target practice, and it's very evident that I'm SUPER out of shape for riding horses. My body is telling me how much it can handle. I like to listen, since for me, riding is much more important. That said, I do intend to work running back in, but I'm taking my time with that.


Did you all have a good weekend? Get any runs in? Pony riding? Painting? Tell me about your weekend in the comment section below!

4 comments:

  1. Horses and pugs and wine? Hello! Dream weekend right there!

    This weekend, I did a color run with friends and went to the country fair, along with going to little man's baseball game and a mom's night in with some of my friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your race recap! That looks like so much fun! Hopefully I'll get to do a color run soon.
      It sounds like you had a great weekend too! Girls nights are the best, whether you stay in or go out. I love baseball too, yay for the Little Man!

      Delete
  2. I have done the drunken pallete thing- so fun! lets go sometimes! Any reason to drink wine I am IN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'd love to go again. I hear if you have a party of 6 or more you can pick what we paint!

      Delete