Wednesday, April 30, 2014

BIRTHDAY POST!

Today is my birthday! I love birthdays. Even though I'm old. Getting older is always better than the alternative. I didn't make any plans for the big day since 1. it's a Wednesday and 2. I wasn't sure what was going to be happening with Rio.

But here's a little birthday recap anyway since it's my blog and I can write what I want to!

I woke up to rain and 40 degrees. Yuck. I had a 9 AM dentist appointment to have a cavity filled. Double yuck. Then I went to work and had a crazy busy day. Which maybe sounds like a crummy birthday. But it really wasn't. And here's why:

I came home to BIRTHDAY TREATS from my friend Melynda left for me in the barn:



The basket is all chocolate covered deliciousness: oreos, vanilla fingers, and graham crackers. Then the chocolate pony and the little box under the pony had these little moo cow candies in it! SO MUCH YUMMMMM!

No riding today since it was pouring rain and really cold. No need to deal with that on my Birthday. Instead, Jampy and the Duck got haircuts.


And then Katie stopped by with MORE BIRTHDAY TREATS! Sadly I didn't grab photos, but there was an ADORABLE Betsey Johnson cosmetic bag, a pretty gold picture frame (which of course will soon have a Rio photo), and a canister of caramel popcorn with pretzels and chips mixed in it. That little canister shall suit me well tomorrow because....

I'm going to pick up Rio and bring him home!!!

Ok, sorry for the shouting. But I'm really excited. So is Ducky. He's so excited he stole Rio's halter:


The rest of my birthday I spent with these two kids, snuggling in the warm, dry confines of my living room. 

Not a bad birthday after all! I can't wait for tomorrow evening when Rio is all tucked in at home!

4 comments: