Friday, October 27, 2023

Thursday's Threads... Friday edition? I guess?

 

Heh... well. It happened. I forgot to post yesterday! My evening turned into a bit of a shit show, so I have an excuse. But oops. Anyway, I'm bringing outfit day over to Friday this week, because no one wants to miss an outfit day! Shiny was our model this week, and here's what she wore yesterday:

Her dapple game is strong this time of year. Soon she'll be pink again for the winter. 

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Home made by me

You may need to enlarge the photo to see it, but the middle beads on this browband are a couple of cute pickup trucks and a leaf that says Happy Fall. I think it's pretty cute! In the silliest way of course.

Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Saddle Pad: Ogilvy, embellished by me
Half Pad: Ippico
How cute is that ribbon trim? The little pumpkin trucks?! So cute. 

Boots: Anky
I know I've been raving about these all summer, but I still really like these boots. They fit the horses well, have a nice mesh lining inside (not neoprene), and they wash up really well too. Big fan.

So that's what Shiny was wearing, and here's what I had on:

I might not be the biggest fan of Autumn because it leads to winter, but I am very much here for the color pallet. I'm also enjoying the unseasonably warm temps so I don't need a million layers yet. 

Helmet: Samshield

I know. I haven't been very good about swapping out helmets this summer. Sorry. Something for me to work on.

Top: Luyaa
I'm not sure blogger is really picking up this color correctly, it's like a rusty orange color. Perfect for fall!

Belt: The Sugar Lady

This is Rio's tail hair belt, and it's one of my most cherished belongings. I am still so impressed by how this came out. And I'm also impressed with the quality. It's lasting really nicely. Thank goodness. I want to have it forever.

Breeches: RJ Classics
These are the gulf style, and I like them. I like the Harper's a little more, but these are nice also. I find them very comfortable and a little looser fitting than Equiline, which I like. 

Boots: DeNiro
So, I've been wanting to get a pair of everyday comfortable boots to keep at the other barn for the winter since all of my plain black boots are waiting to see the boot doctor. But I also don't have a ton of extra boot money laying around right now. This pair has been on sale at Equiport for quite some time. I nearly bought them a few times, but they are taller than the size I normally get from DeNiro. I always complain though, that they end up too short once they fall, so I finally bit the bullet and ordered these along with a pair of heel raisers. I was able to pull the raisers out after the first day, and they are already the perfect height. So I shouldn't have worried. They were 250 euro, so a great price for nice boots and exactly what I needed. 

And that's it for this week! Sorry for being a day late. Hope you all have a great weekend!

4 comments: