Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Truthful Tuesday

 

Ugh. I don't even want to admit this one to you it's so ridiculous, and also pretty gross. But don't worry, I don't have any photos to share. 

So... Yesterday, I was straightening up all the things that I have dropped by the door over the last week when coming in from the barn. And one of the tote bags had some items from an outfit days in it. One of the items was a bonnet with a pin on it. So I was sitting on the floor unpacking the bag. I removed the pin from the bonnet, but in the process I broke the locking back from it. So I set both things on the floor, and mental noted to myself to pick that up when I stood up. 

Only problem is, when you're my age, mental notes don't always take. So I stood up for whatever reason, leaving the pin and the broken back on the floor separately from each other. Well then I stepped on the broken back, but thought it was the pin, so I stepped off that quickly, only to step with the other foot ON THE PIN! Effing thing went right into my heel. I had to pull it out. DISGUSTING! Fortunately it was my heel though which is heavily callused from being an old woman. So it only bled a little. I washed it up well, put some neosporin on it and covered it with a bandaid. It's a tiny bit sore today, but looks like it will be just fine. Still, zero out of ten, do not recommend! If you have a pin with no back on it, put it on a table! For crying out loud. Sheesh. Don't be like me. 

3 comments: