Thursday, October 19, 2023

Thursday's Threads

 

Today's outfit is another double dipper. I promise this blog isn't turning into a giant ad for Pinsnickety. It's just that I've made a bunch of outfits for their use and I want to share them. I hope it's not a turnoff! Anyway, as mentioned yesterday, Al's been a bit of a fire breathing dragon, so we decided to dress the part this week. Here's what we had on:

We had a LOT of colors happening in this outfit. I was thinking I'd change to my light blue boots, but then I felt like the metallic on these was dragon-y so I left them. But they really didn't match with my pants! Oh well. Not everything goes perfectly all of the time. 

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Made by me (It's ridiculous, and I love it.)
Bonnet: USG
Pinsnickety charm: Dragon
Does that bonnet look small? Ha. That's because I accidentally pulled out Shiny's instead of the horse sized one. His tiny little stallion ears fit in there just fine though!

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: Ogilvy, embellished temporarily by me
Half Pad: Ippico
Pinsnickety pins: Dragons
I'm still working out how I like the ribbons on the saddle pads. So no sewing until I figure it out! 

Boots: Premier Equine embellished by me

More dragons! It was a challenge finding friendly dragon fabric. Most were more... intimidating looking. 

So that's what Al had on, and here's what I was wearing:

Many colors. So many. All of them. 

Helmet: Samshield
Well, this one matched the belt. So I went with it.

Long sleeve: Mathcat
Tee shirt: Amazon
The plan was to do all the Pinsnickety photos back in September, but we ran out of daylight. So all of my shirts for that campaign were short sleeved which are not acceptable at this point. So I did what we did back in the 90's and layered. Gotta be honest, I think I'm bringing this look back. I like layers. Also, how ADORABLE is that little dragon? The cutest. 

Belt: Standard Issue Equestrian
Buckle: Ebay
Would a silver buckle have been more appropriate here? Definitely. But I already owned this gold one, so I called it good enough.

Breeches: Equiline
So I mentioned it was tricky to find friendly dragon fabric, and it was also tricky to find friendly dragon ribbon for the saddle pad. I had hoped to find blue dragons to match the pins and charm, but alas, I found only green dragons for the ribbon. But also, the dragon on the blue shirt is also green. So I figured we could tie it all together with some green pants. Did it work? Eh. Good enough.

Boots: Celeris UK
I already discussed why I chose these boots above. But also, I've been wearing them as my everyday boots since all of my kind of boring boots need new zippers and/or repairs. I was planning and had started wearing the Mountain Horse brown boots for that purpose, but they left an enormous blister on my heel, and so we're in a temporary fight. I did actually find a pair of closeout DeNiro boots that will be my everyday boots for a STEAL that were supposed to arrive today, but so far have not arrived. Hopefully tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Not that I mind wearing these all the time, but that teal leather is no longer available, and I don't want to destroy these.

So that's it for this week! What do you think of the dragons? Do you like this ribbon layout on the pad? Or was last week's with the skulls better? I'm working on something fun, so would love your opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment