Wednesday, October 11, 2023

What's Up Wednesday

 


The weather foiled our second jumpies day for the week again last weekend. It's rained here every weekend for the last five months, so I'm not sure why it still surprises me. So anyway, I don't have a ton to report on really. Horses are all good. Al is in his autumn spooky era, so that's a fun challenge. We were meant to jump today, but his privileges were revoked with a plan to try again tomorrow. If it's not raining around here, then it is windy instead. And when it's windy once the sun is lower in the sky... well. Al does not like that. Eros doesn't like it either, but he's better at managing his feelings. Shiny though? Shiny will ride through anything. My hay guy was unloading hay next to the back corner of the ring while I rode her today, and the neighbor was leaf blowing basically at us the entire ride tonight, and she was like, yeah it's all fine. She didn't jump today either, but only because I was running short on time. She will tomorrow. It's going to rain again this weekend (I wish I was kidding) so it may be a one jumpy week again. 

Eros did pop over a few fences today (he's the real MVP around here) and was really great. I didn't expect him to be. I thought for sure it would be a torpedo ride. He hasn't had a free lunge despite suggesting to me that he could use one. And he was spooky while warming up. Turns out, I was negligent and forgot his ear stuffies. But he stepped up and behaved like a gentleman. I didn't really jump courses, just popped a few singles. But he was lovely, and I'm calling a successful day. 

My plan is to hopefully jump Al and Shiny around tomorrow. Eros will flat, and hopefully jump again Friday. So at least someone will get two jump days in. I don't normally jump two days in a row, but I make an exception this week for Al and Shiny since the weekend will be a wash. But we'll see. I always err on the side of less is more, ya know? But lately we've been doing a whole lot of less. So we may need to squeeze in a little MORE this week.

And honestly, that's about all we've been up to. Kind of a boring week on paper, but we still kept busy. Eros and I celebrated our five year Anniversary on Sunday! In some ways it feels like just yesterday he joined the family, but at the same time, I can't really remember life without him. I'm so glad my stepmom picked him five years ago, and I'm even more glad he's come to live with me. He's such a special guy. 

How are all of you doing?? Has it been as rainy where you are?

2 comments:

  1. Happy Gotcha Day Eros! Carmen has been extra spicy with the fall weather. It’s nice that it’s not so hot but the rain could knock it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tis' the season for spicy ponies! I agree, the rain can give it a rest. I do worry how much snow will fall if it keeps up like this.

      Delete