Thursday, October 12, 2023

Thursday's Threads

 


It's October, so you know what that means... HALLOWEEN themed outfits! I put this one together for my friends at Pinsnickety, but I kinda loved it so wanted to share here too. We didn't have our pro photo this time, so I had to make do with my cell phone and pivo. We're not that fancy over here anyway! Al was modeling for Pinsnickety, but Eros will be our model here. This is what we wore:

It doesn't look THAT Halloweenie from this distance. But it will when we look closer. 

Here's what he had on in a slightly better photo and a matching backdrop:

He's still rocking the dad bod, but you know, it looks good on him. 

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Handmade by me
I wish blogger didn't kill the quality on photos so much. You can't even see that those are skulls on his browband! But they are. You'll have to trust me. I made a bunch of browbands for our Pinsnickety outfits, and for them I bought a big roll of nylon webbing. I attached snaps to each side and voila! Browband. This one I sewed skull beads to. A few of them have sewn on beads and some have ribbon that I glued on. I'm going to try and share those over the next few weeks so you guys can see them. I think they came out cute for a budget friendly little bit of fun. 

Boots: Premier Equine, embellished by me

More skulls! I love my interchangeable boots. They've been getting more use as we play with themes around here. 

Saddle: Butet
Half Pad: Ippico
Saddle Pad: Ogilvy, embellished by me
Pins: Pinsnickety Skulls
This pad was decorated in a very temporary fashion which is why it looks a bit sloppy. But sloppy or not, it's pretty cute. I was excited to find some ribbon that matched both pins that I chose. (Both are Skull pins, but I couldn't pick between the new limited edition black ones, or the purple. So I went with one of each.)

That's what Eros was wearing, and here's what I had on:

Evidently, my helmet is pretty much always crooked. I'm going to assume my actual head isn't on straight.... That tracks. Ha!

Helmet: Samshield
Since this helmet has adopted a purple hue this summer, it seemed the best choice for today's outfit. 

Sweater: Awoskut
I found this on Amazon, and I've gotta be real with you... It was far too warm for the weather! I think I'll probably wear it a lot this winter to ride. 

Belt: Suosdey
This belt has skulls all over it! It would be perfect except that it's blue not purple. But you can't everything. Close enough!

Breeches: Smartpak Hadley
I haven't worn these much lately, but I still do like them. Hadley's are like ten thousand times better than Pipers. 

Boots: Celeris UK
I love these. They're my second favorite after the cow print. 

And that's it for today! Any favorites? What do you think of that browband??











2 comments:

  1. Are we not gonna talk about your amazing colourful spurs and spur straps?! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Thank you! The straps came with the boots, it's the same metallic leather as on the top. The spurs are from Punk Ponies!

      Delete