Thursday, April 16, 2015

Thursday's Threads

You'll never believe it.... I got up and RAN this morning! As scheduled with my running buddy Vanessa and her pup Pepper. It was glorious. And in celebration of my getting outside this morning, I will show you my running outfit AND my work outfit. I know you're excited.

ROOTD: (run outfit of the day for those not in the know)

But then I realized how cold it was this morning so I added a jacket:

Let's look closer!

Tops:
Tank- Under Armour
 This one is super sheer so I actually wore another tank underneath. Both neon yellow of course.

Jacket 1: RBX
 I love this jacket. It's really lightweight and is more of a shirt that happens to zip. It will be perfect for morning runs when you want a light layer that's easy to shed.

Jacket 2: Puma

You've seen this guy before! It's just a light shell, but surprisingly makes a big difference without being too hot. Those white lines you see are all reflective which I love. This jacket is great for low light runs, like early morning or nighttime.

Bottoms:
Shorts: Dansko
Tights: Under Armour
Some people are comfortable just running in tights... I'm not one of those people. No one needs to be seeing my cellulite through the tights. Trust me when I say I'm doing us all a favor!

Sneakers:
Mizuno Wave Sayonara
I love these sneakers so much. You've seen them before. I've proclaimed my love already. But we're still toes over heels for each other!

So that's my run outfit today. Vanessa and I had a great run. My Garmin was being finicky so I don't even know how long it took us, but we got 3 miles in. And also some great girl talk and catching up. A lovely way to start the day for sure!

And now... Here's what I wore to work!


I'm gonna just say it... this outfit makes me look chubby. But I don't really mind. I love the top. I think maybe I just picked the wrong pants? And let's face it... I AM a little chubby coming off this LONG winter. Hopefully that will improve with all the running and riding I'm getting back into! So let's look closer:

Top:
Rue 21 ($3!)
Chevron print makes me really happy. And it's double the happiness when it's mint green. Because you know... My name is Stacie and I'm a mint-a-holic. I found this top on the $3 rack at Rue 21 a few months ago. Chevron + mint + $3? You can't not buy that!

Pants:
Rock and Republic
I've had these awhile, so I don't remember what I paid for them. They're comfy and have a really cute gold stud detail on the sides. and pockets... Here I'll show you:


Cute right? I like them... even if they make me look chubby.

Shoes:
Union Bay

I've had these awhile too. I was trying to pick out shoes this morning, and was so excited when I realized these were a near perfect match! And you know... sequins!

Jewelry:
Lefty:
First is a mint and gold spike bracelet from Ettika. Next is a royal blue and brown wrap bracelet, but honestly I can't remember where I got this one! And of course you'll recognize my trusty watch.

Righty:
I just happened to have matching gold and enamel bracelets from Fornash in the EXACT colors of my top... go figure! I stuck that freebie I received from Ettika in the middle to break things up a bit.

That's what I'm wearing today! What do you have on?





4 comments: