Thursday, April 9, 2015

Thursday's Threads

We're back to winter here in New England. I mean it could be a lot worse; Lake Placid, NY had measurable snow yesterday. Ugh, I would die. But it's in the 30's, dreary, and rainy. There is a bright side however... This weekend should be gorgeous with temps in the 60's! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In my refusal to accept the restarting of winter this week, I am dressing somewhat springy. And freezing my booty off in the process. There is a price to pay for being fashionable sometimes!
Here's what I'm wearing today:

I had to show the back of this top as it's a gorgeous, open-weave lace back there. I'm not normally a huge fan of transparent backs, but for some reason, I had to have this one. It didn't hurt that it was on clearance for $7. So let's look closer!

Top: Poof $7.00 at TJ Maxx
I love the heathered blue and cream on the front too. I can't figure out why this top didn't sell. It is marked XS so maybe because it's mis-sized? (I'm definitely no XS these days.) I really like the length of this. My only difficulty was trying to find the right tank to wear underneath. I wanted a blue one, but I either don't have one, or I couldn't find it this morning. It definitely needs to be something with thick straps so your bra doesn't show. I tried a racerback first, but it didn't work with the neckline. I wound up just wearing a light tan one. Works well enough, but I do think I'd like the contrast of a blue one better. Next time!

Pants: Rue 21 (Not sure on cost, these are oldies)
The stars on the back pockets are adorable. The color is hard to see in the photo, but all of the stitching is baby blue on these pants. I like that it's a little different than the normal tan.

Shoes: Steve Madden (kids section) $16.00 TJ Maxx
My name is Stacie, and I like things that are shiny. I saw these adorable slip ons when I was in Florida but they didn't have my size. I was bummed at the time! Then this week when I was supposed to be grocery shopping but went to TJ Maxx instead, they had them! Yay! Patience often pays off. Not only did they have them in my size, but also on sale. Win!
Here's a side photo:
Seriously, I think I'm addicted to glitter.

Jewels!
Lefty:
First is a little stretch bangle I made awhile back. It's gold bars with Lapis beads. Next is a really pretty bracelet from Lydell NYC. It's an older one, so probably not available anymore. I had gotten this one from Little Black Bag. (I seriously miss that site! I have been thinking about how fun it was to trade for things like that and that I really wish I could do it again. Someone needs to start a business like that back up!) And lastly is my trusty watch.

Righty:
Righty is sporting this glass and leather bracelet I made not too long ago. The colors are perfect with my sweater!

That's what I'm wearing today! How about you?








2 comments:

  1. Omg I WANT THOSE SHOESSSSS

    (also hey been awhile <3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! I actually just yesterday was thinking I hadn't seen any blog posts from you in awhile! Hope you're doing well!
      And thanks, aren't they fun with all that giant glitter?!

      Delete