Wednesday, April 22, 2015

What's Up Wednesday!

Phew. Things seem so busy around here lately. But when I sit back and reflect I'm not sure I'm actually getting much accomplished. I think I'm still adjusting to the horses being back to work, and every day being a 13 hour day. Time for more COFFEE!
It's been mostly good things though around here so I guess that balances out all the running around. Here's what I've been up to!

We're still plugging along trying to get some fitness back. It's been a little tough with all the spring rain, but we're getting there! This week will be an easy one for the boys as Monday was pouring buckets (day off for them), Thursday I am babysitting my awesome niece after work (another day off for them), and today is iffy as they're saying we may have thunder storms...
This weekend was GORGEOUS though, and I was able to give all three boys a good scrubby tubby (aka baths)! They got to eat grass for the first time this year too. AND we got a new load of hay.
All is right in the Winthrop Corner Stable world:

view from poo mountain

Getting the hay barn ready for a new delivery

New Hay!
Duck after his tubby

Jampy after his tubby

Rio after his tubby

Ducky looking fancy

Selfies with Ducky

Rio working on his fitness

Well... I've been good and bad. Apparently I run twice a week now instead of three times. I'm just SO EXHAUSTED in the morning. Thank goodness for my standing Thursday morning run with Vanessa. I really need to work on getting in a Tuesday AM run.
Sunday after spending all day doing barn chores and working horses, I dragged my self out for a 6 mile run at 6 pm. And I have to tell you, I felt AMAZING! For the first 2.25 miles. Then it got a bit harder. But those first 2.25 I was running about a 9:45 mile which as of late, is kind of amazing for me! I decided once the wall hit to settle into some intervals. Jenn from Runs with Pugs has tried some new interval times (run 1 minute, walk 15 seconds) and has knocked a lot of time off her norm. So I figured I'd give it a shot for the rest of my run. Those intervals ARE TOUGH! 15 seconds of walking is not much at all. But with such a short burst of running, it comes up really fast too. And I think since you're only running for 60 seconds before a break, it's easy to push harder and run faster. Almost like doing sprints. I can't say I had an amazing time, but I'm really happy with it for my first longish run outside since autumn:
Marathon Monday was this week, and while I have zero intentions of ever running a marathon (let alone BOSTON!) it's still fun to follow along. Especially when you know people running! My sister-in-law's sister and her hubby both run every year. They are crazy fast (not quite elite, but not far off!) so they actually qualify and don't run as fundraisers. They both had a great race despite the bad weather, and it was so fun to follow along from my computer at work:

 Not much new with the kiddos, but they're still adorable:

I didn't have much else going on really. I finally went to the grocery store, so that's sort of a big deal! I got to see a picture of one of Jampy's babies learning how to be a riding horse. He's very handsome!

And I also saw this at Dunkin Donuts on Sunday:

Seriously, this girl just literally rolled out of bed and came out for a coffee. No putting on clothes. No brushing her hair. NADA. At least she put on shoes? I know it's not nice to shame people on the interwebs.... but I couldn't help it. I mean how hard is it to be presentable in public? Also, it was like 9 am, not early!

That's what's up this Wednesday! What's up with you?