Thursday, October 3, 2019

Thursday's Threads

It's a dreary outfit day here today. Rainy with a high of 59. Brr. Yesterday, however, was 88 degrees. So try to make sense of that! Oh New England...
Last night's riding outfit included short sleeves and lots of bug spray with DEET.

And also tie-dye. Very bright tie-dye.

Helmet: HKM

I was really proud of myself for not spending $400 plus dollars on the rose gold One K that I have been drooling at for a bit now... But then I saw this $135 helmet and was like, welll..... So here we are. I think it's gorgeous. It won't stay gorgeous very long I'm sure as that quilted looking part is all glued on gems. It comes with extras but we all know I would never get around to replacing any that fall off. But for the price, no complaints there. It fits well enough. It's definitely a bit rounder than my more oval shaped head, but since my head is small, it fits safely. It has a dial so you can adjust it too.

Shirt: The Juice Bar
This tee is from my favorite ice cream place on Nantucket. They do smoothies too in case you're confused by it being called The Juice Bar.

Belt: LV
Snagged this one on Ebay years ago. May or may not be real. I did not pay real prices for it.

Breeches: SmarkPak Piper
I haven't worn these in quite awhile because they're a size smaller than what I usually wear. But my laundry situation has reached critical status so I grabbed these. Turns out, they stay up a lot better. So maybe I should be wearing this size? Who knows.

Boots: Tuffrider Regal
I know you're wondering why I didn't wear my boots that match the helmet... Well. I forgot socks. So I figured I should wear the boots that were next in line for retirement which is these. They match anyway. (Note the broken tab on the bottom...)

So that's what I wore to ride last night. Probably one of the last posts with short sleeves for the season. Waaahhhhhh!

And here's what I wore to work today:
Not super inspired and I realized when I was going to put on my bracelets this morning that it was kind of the same color scheme as last week. I made a bracelet change to mix things up a bit.

Top: Haley and the Hound
This top is the same brand as last week's but a slightly different neck style. This one has more of a scarf type neck, much more material involved. It comes up higher and is a lot warmer. Perfect for a cold rainy day!

Belt: Rebecca Ray

This one happens to match my gray Celeris boots perfectly! But also this top pretty well.

Pants: D. Jeans
Nothing too special about these. A nice dark wash. Super stretchy.

Shoes: Irregular Choice
I figured I should spice things up a little somewhere... These shoes did the trick! Unicorns are always appropriate.

Arm Party!
Lefty:
Lefty is donning my sort of everyday go to stack. I've been wearing the middle one more to try and get it to darken. I'm not sure if it will as much as the others have, the leather seems a little different. Time will tell!

Righty:
Righty is wearing the alternate universe version of what lefty has on... A bit bracelet, the gold version of the Hermes saddle nail, and a fitbit instead of the apple watch. Alternate twinning?

So that's it for today. Any favorites? What are you wearing?

6 comments:

  1. I love the quilt type pattern on that helmet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those unicorn shoes are amazing.

    I'll trade you your 59 for my 900th consecutive day of triple digits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I maybe have them in three colors because I have no self control.
      I might take you up on that. I really despise being cold.

      Delete