Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Truthful Tuesday

Today's confession should come as no surprise... And it is that I can't remember the last time I went for a run. It was a REALLY long time ago. And here's why that's a problem (other than the fact that I'm gaining weight!): I have a bunch of 5K's coming up that I really want to participate in, and I'm completely unfit. COMPLETELY!
I was determined to get up early today and get at least a couple of miles in. I set the alarm for 6:15. And then I hit snooze until it was way too late to run. Story of my life! I'm going to maybe try and hop on the ole' treadmill tonight after riding though.
Do you think it will actually happen? How do you get back out there after a long hiatus?



6 comments:

  1. Girl, I feel you! I take up jogging every few months for a few weeks, then something comes up or I oversleep or whatever, and I am like "WHATEVER, GOING TO EAT CHEESEBURGERS ALL WINTER ANYWAY".

    I joined a free community jogging/walking group several weeks ago and it's made a huge difference! Having a group of people who are just as slow as I am makes me feel like less of a loser, and knowing there's a group waiting for me makes me feel obligated to go.

    Good luck getting back out there! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmm cheeseburgers....
      Ugh, yes! I'm not fast. I was sort of fast once in a 5K that I ran the weekend after a half, so i was super fit. But generally, slowwwwww.
      I live in a small town so the only running groups are super hardcore. I had a group of friends that would meet up once or twice a week and run together, but most of them moved away and us remaining members have just been super lazy. But I saw my thighs in a mirror at the horse show last weekend... and let's just say, it's time to make a little change!

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty lazy on the running front these days....need to get my butt in gear. I'm running a 5k at the end of the month myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goals! Ok, let's all get back on the running train!

      Delete
  3. I require a race goal at all times to stay motivated! I just finished a marathon relay last weekend, and I'm already thinking, what next?? But sometimes it's fun to race, even if you don't feel prepared. I say just go race anyway and enjoy yourself! I wish I had a good running crew around here, too. I used to drive 40 minutes each way to attend a nice group run. Got to be too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I don't like running all that much, definitely couldn't muster up the energy to drive 40 minutes to do it regularly! Having races on the calendar for sure helps with motivation! Although I skipped two that I actually registered for this spring... so I guess that didn't work out so well for me! oops.

      Delete