Thursday, October 8, 2015

Thursday's Threads!

Happy Outfit Day! I gotta warn you... outfit day was a bit of a fail this week. This is why one should really plan her outfit the night before, and not in the morning when she's definitely already super late for work. So... Here it is:

See? I like the top half, but the khaki's are too short and the wrong shade of khaki for the orange. But I had no time to change, so this is what I'm wearing! Let's look closer.

Blazer: Fantastic Fawn
Tank: Peach Love

I tried to get a cute photo of the blazer's button, but washed out the color in the process. It's a very nice navy blue in real life. And it's a cotton jersey material so it feels like a sweatshirt, but looks much more classy!
The tank is kind of a stiff material. I don't think I would wear it on its own, but I love it under the blazer! I really like the pattern. You can't tell that well from the photo, but it's a chevron pattern in two shades of orange.
Both of these items are from Moxie.Style. I'm still trying to figure out how to write a post about them. One of these days it'll happen!

Pants: Fire Los Angeles
I have mixed feelings about these pants. They're oddly short, so I'm guessing they're supposed to be ankle length? (I'm no giant, so that has to be the case!) Since it's cold out, I have to wear socks, which looks ridiculous with these too short pants. But otherwise they're nice. They are stretchy, and have cute zipper pockets in front. Maybe I'll pack them away for spring when I can ditch the socks.

Belt: No brand
This is the same "H" buckle you saw recently with the blue belt. I switched it to my orange ostrich belt to match the tank and my shoes. LOVE!

Shoes: Sperry Top-Sider
See what I mean about the socks? Ridiculous. But these shoes are awesome. I think you've seen them before. They're an important part of my Sperry's collection for sure!

Arm Party!
Lefty:
Lefty is sporting a stretch bracelet made by me, then an "H" bracelet in orange, my trusty timepiece, and lastly another stretch bracelet. The last one is from Fornash, and I just grabbed it from their website in the last sale.

Righty:
Righty has on a leather single wrap bracelet from Fornash, an "H" bracelet in navy, and the same stretch bracelet as lefty, but in orange. (It was a great deal... I had to get a few colors!)

My riding outfit was kind of a miss this week too. It's a tough time of year to dress yourself. It's cold in the morning, about 70 during the day, and then cold in the evening. I don't know how to dress myself! Clearly. Anyway, here's what I wore to ride last night:

This top is pretty cute, though it needs to be longer. It has elastic up under the boob area, but only on the sides. It's SUPER flattering! But doesn't really work tucked in. I forget the brand on this one, but I got it from Zulilly. I decided to untuck it to ride. Here's an untucked shot:
See? It just seems like it should have been more of a tunic length with the elastic. Oh well. I still like it.
Breeches: Ovation
I wish these were cut like show breeches, because they are SO COMFY! I would love to show in them, but they are not trendy enough. Boo. I will enjoy them at home though!

That's what I'm wearing today (and last night)! What do you have on? Are you having trouble with this crazy weather too?

4 comments:

  1. I still like both outfits! My style usually starts the week so-so and ends the week near "hobo". I need to get more organized!

    ReplyDelete