Thursday, March 21, 2024

Thursday's Threads: St Patrick's Day Edition

 


All three kids dressed up for St Patrick's day this year, which was great because I forgot like the last two years... They all for the most part wore the same thing though, so only Shiny is modeling for the blog today. Kind of. I forgot to take a full pony photo of her...

So please enjoy this photo of Eros and me instead:

He just really wants to participate in Thursday's Threads more often,

Okay, now for Shiny photos.
Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Brow band: Dark Jewel Designs
I actually did consider bringing our green and gold brow band bridles over for the day, but I got lazy. Sorry.

Bareback Pad: Brockamp 
Saddle Pad: Lettia
I should have gotten a closer photo of the pad. It's covered in Shamrocks and horse shoes. Super cute. I got them ages ago for like $10 each. Great deal!

Boots: Horze
I think we have about six different shades of green in this outfit... At least. I figured these green boots worked for the occasion.

So that's what Shiny had on, and here's what I had on:

Thankfully, on Sunday it warmed up enough to lose the vest eventually. Not today though! Effing freezing and windy today. Boo.


Helmet: Samshield
I lived on the edge Sunday and wore this expired Samshield helmet that I have. It was meant to be my show helmet, but I got it long ago right around when Jamp (and therefor I) stopped showing. So it's barely been used, but is past expiration. I don't plan to wear it a lot, but figure it's probably safe enough here and there for non jumping days. I have a friend that is trying to launch a helmet embellishing business, so I let her add some crystals to this one for me. It has black crystals along the rails, and some green ones on the shield. It also has my initials on the back. Came out really cute!

Sweater: Luyaa
This is one of my Amazon special merino sweaters. I love these things for riding. They're nice looking, and SO WARM! Plus I can wash them in the washer. Perfect for horsing! 

Breeches: Romfh
Okay, guys. I need to stop buying weird shades of tan breeches. I mean, I love them all. But I have... like four different shades at this point. These are the Maple color. The photo below of my belt is a more accurate representation of the actual color. Anyway. I like these, Romfh breeches are really comfortable, and they fit well. 

Belt: Boy O'Boy Bridleworks
I picked up this stirrup buckle belt from Boy O'Boy Bridleworks back when Kevin Babington had his accident. It was part of a fundraiser. Perfect belt for St Patrick's day, plus it did some good when I bought it. Win-win!

Socks: Dreamers and Schemers
I was just recently approved to be an affiliate with Dreamers and Schemers (yay me!) so if you want to shop over there, it would be super if you'd use my link here: https://dreamersnschemers.com?sca_ref=5743059.inrrTW4Hzi I get a small credit if you do, and I'm a D&S superfan so that would be helpful for me. Anyway, I picked these socks up last year for St Patrick's day and then forgot to wear them. But I remembered this year! Aren't they cute? They actually match some of my Pinsnickety Pins which is also really fun. Though I did not remember to use those this time. 

Boots: La Mundial
The zipper finally gave up life on my DeNiro's so I decided to sacrifice these for everyday use since I'm so bitter about them. They were perfect for the holiday anyway. I really need to get myself to the cobbler and fix some of my everyday boots. Most of my fun boots are made with delicate leather so they're not meant for actual barn life everyday. We'll see how these do... My luck they'll be indestructible... Lol! (Doubt it, LM are the worst.)

That's what we wore Sunday for the holiday! Did you dress up? How about your horse? Any favorites from today's post?

2 comments:

  1. ugh i did NOT dress up bc somehow i have almost nothing in green.... but it's recently been decided by my barn friends that green should be Doozy's color, so maybe i'll finally get serious about it?? lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhhh! She will look so good in green!!! I'm definitely for this.

      Delete