Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Truthful Tuesday

 

Today's confession is that I feel like the universe is trying to police my irresponsible spending. Case in point: Greenhawk was having their anniversary sale. They have their own brand version of Baker sheets and blankets. The barn where I board requires certain sheets and blankets and Bakers are on the list, but they don't fit any of my horses. I've been able to get by without them because we are also allowed one other sheet that does fit my horses reasonably well. But Shiny's is too tight on her these days (she's lost a lot of weight, but I think the sheet has been shrinking each time I wash it.) Eros' is also pretty snug. The other problem is that sometimes I like to blanket my horses a little warmer than the barn does. If everyone else is wearing sheets and I wish to use my 100 gram, I get in trouble. But the Baker blanket is a loophole. It's warmer than a sheet, but looks like what everyone else is wearing. Win-win! Except that Bakers don't fit my horses. So when I discovered Greenhawk's version, I decided to give them a try. They were VERY on sale, and I was able to get all three horses a blanket AND sheet for the same price as one Baker sheet and one Baker Blanket. Pretty good deal! I don't have a ton of extra cash at the moment (who does?) so I have to be careful with my spending, but this seemed like too good of a deal to pass up, and was more or less something I needed. So I went ahead and placed my order. They arrived today, so I'm excited to try them on the horses tomorrow. 
So what does the universe throw at me? I woke up this morning to no heat in the house. Of course, right? So all morning while I awaited the tech to arrive I was convinced I was going to have to find several grand to replace my very old furnace. Fortunately, it appears the furnace just gave itself a reset and nothing seems to be terribly wrong with it. Phew. Bullet dodged. BUT THEN, before that service guy had even pulled out of the driveway, I get a text from my hay guy that he wants to deliver Sunday. I hadn't planned on getting hay until next month. I don't really have the cash for a load of hay this month... But you don't say no to the hay guy. So yeah. The universe is punishing me for spending so much money on blankets by costing me repair money and hay money a month too early. Sigh. At least someone is out there trying to keep my under control!


4 comments:

  1. I have the greenhawk blankets and really like them. Buying them on sale is the responsible thing to do. Especially if you need them. I also shopped that sale but bought fly spray, dewormer and vitamins. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a great sale! And the blankets are lovely, they fit everyone so well!

      Delete
  2. "You don't say no to the hay guy" - truer words were never spoken lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! He takes good care of me, and thus, I will do pretty much anything he wants! Though in a weird turn of events, they got snowed in this weekend, so he wasn't able to come anyway.

      Delete