Thursday, March 14, 2024

Thursday's Threads

 

Outfit Day already! But I gotta tell you, I massively failed this week. Our outfits were pretty great, but two things happened. First, I had a wardrobe malfunction when my boots broke this morning. And I think that led to the second thing in which I did not remember to take outfit photos of any of the horses. Which I mean... I had THREE opportunities to remember. And I did not. I did remember when I was all done riding though. So I can show you what Al wore mine Al wearing the items... Lol. Oops. So anyway... enjoy today's semi fail of an outfit. We'll obviously start with me today. Here's what I wore:

So last Friday when I went to get my hair done, I had on a sweater that said Weekend on it. (Super cute.) And it reminded me that during the pandemic I thought it would be funny to wear days of the week sweaters since we never knew what day it was anymore. (It was indeed funny.) So I decided that starting the next day I would wear my days of the week sweaters every day and see if anyone noticed. Tomorrow is the last day of my experiment. I've had a couple people notice. It was cold over the weekend though, so there were a few days the sweaters remained under outerwear layers. So not so obvious on those days. Anyway, it's been fun and also kind of nice to not have to really figure out my outfit everyday. 

Helmet: Samshield
Yep, still wearing this one. I'm going to miss it when it retires next year!

Sweater: Amazon... I think. Maybe Ebay
There's no tag in this sweater, so I have no idea who made it. I got it awhile back as mentioned earlier. For some reason, the Thursday one is smaller than the others, so I wound up wearing it tucked in. 

Belt: I also cannot remember this maker

This used to be my show belt. And may be again. We shall see. I forget where it came from because I've had it probably 15 years at this point. It's custom embossed with my initials and the buckle is an actual shoe for a mini horse. Very cute.

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman
Funny thing about these pants. I really wanted this color (it's called saddle), but as we all know, I can be frugal. Big Dee's had them on crazy closeout at a great price, but they didn't have my usual size. So I ordered the size smaller and hoped for the best. Honestly, they fit fine. I don't feel like they're too small when I'm wearing them at all. None of the seems appear to be bulging when I shove myself in there. But what's funny is that they very much DO NOT flatter my shape. Which is funny because I think the size up looks very nice. Just goes to show that wearing your actual size will make you look slimmer even if it's a bigger size. 

Boots and Half Chaps: Celeris UK
So this outfit was meant to go with my DeNiro boots since they are black and my sweater is black. And they did in fact look nice together for the few minutes I had them on at the same time. Unfortunately, the zipper split this morning on those boots. So I had to wear these. Which, I love these. Don't get me wrong. But they are sheepskin lined (boots and half chaps) and it was almost 70 degrees today. My feet were WARM! But I'm very glad I had these at the barn, or I'd have had a very annoying boot day in the saddle. Also, if I mention wanting DeNiro boots again, please shut me down. Take my credit card. Whatever it takes. Don't let me do it!

Anyway. That's what I wore today. And here are things Al was donning, sans Al. 

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Dark Jewel Designs
I'm really a big fan of these bridles. Have been for a long time. Highly recommend. 

Saddle: Butet (You can't see it I know.) 
Saddle Pad: Mattes
Al's saddle is the top one. He used that pretty black Mattes pad. I got that one from Hufglocken from their stock before they stopped selling Mattes. This is the first time I've used it, and I'm not sure why, but it doesn't quite fit like the rest of mine. It keeps sliding back under the saddle too. I'll probably just let it be Shiny's from here on out. 

Boots: Anatomeq 
These are lovely boots if you're looking for some. They are very light weight, but the strikepad is nice and sturdy. They're also mesh so they're breathable. Really like them, and they are on sale right now. (Not an add, I'm not getting anything for raving about them. I just really do like them.) 

And that's it for today! Sorry for the lack of horse. Anything you liked from today? 


6 comments:

  1. i feel like i need 'day of the week' shirts bc wow i am *constantly* like, 'hmmmmm what day is today??' lol....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Part of me just wants to wear these from here on out.

      Delete
  2. Tack room shots are fun too! Maybe we need a tack room blog hop (... after this school term finishes, when I've had a minute to fix the tornado-level chaos that these kids manage to leave)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be fun! We haven't done a hop in a long while!

      Delete
  3. As a retired person these shirts would really help. 😁 also, sheepskin lined half-chaps? Those sound great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such an easy week! I always knew what day it was, and I didn't put much thought into getting dressed each day!
      The sheepskin lined half chaps were LOVELY this winter!

      Delete