Wednesday, March 13, 2024

What's Up Wednesday

 

It was a pretty quiet week/weekend over here and I don't have an awful lot to report on. Which is not a bad thing at all! The weather is finally starting to feel like spring, though that does of course bring a lot of rain with it. But that's okay. I'll take the rain if it includes warmth! The wind though... that I could do without. With all the rain, the ground is very soft, and another section of my fence blew over. Fortunately my barn helper has finished up most of the winter barn cleaning so he's been working on getting that put back together. I'm just glad it happened now before the horses get home! 

The horses were all pretty good this week. Al was a little anxious when the winds were really whipping outside. But I can't blame him for that. He continues to feel better and better, and I kind of wish I had started the EPM meds sooner. But I can't change that now, and I'm just glad he's clearly feeling a lot better. 

I'm SO happy to be riding Eros again. Even if we are just trotting 8 long sides right now, it just feels so amazing to be back on him. He's the best dude. He gets a recheck on Friday and fingers crossed we'll get to add a little to his workload. He DOES need to... ahem... work on his dad bod some. I put his sheet on today instead of his blanket, and the straps were pretty snug around his belly. And they're as long as they go. Awkward.

I'm still not feeling a difference in Shiny on the meds. But I've heard anecdotally that it can take two weeks. So I'm waiting to solidify my opinion for a bit. She's been sassy! Not all in a bad way (though the kicking out when I ask for canter is getting old). She's been very excited about jumping and occasionally lands and bucks when things get particularly exciting. I probably should stop laughing when she does that and start shutting it down a little sooner... I mean, it's not good if she tries that with her kid this summer... But it's pretty hilarious. And I never feel like I'll come off or anything. But I suppose it could escalate. She doesn't seem to be doing it as a pain response, she genuinely seems to be enjoying herself. 

That's about all that happening with the horses. In non horse news, I finally got a hair cut and color on Friday! It's been.... A long time since I've gotten my hair attended to, and my age was REALLY showing. And by that I mean, I'm shockingly gray at this point. But NOT ANYMORE! Ha! I'm loving the cut and the color. 

I have a wedding to go to the weekend after next, so I'm pretty excited to have nice hair when I go! 

And that's really it from here this week. How have you all been? Is the weather playing nice where you are?

4 comments:

  1. The weather has been the normal early March- crap with a few nice days sprinkled in. So much mud. Your hair looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, the MUD! My horses are absolute swamp animals after turnout everyday. (Not Shiny. She would never. But the boys.)
      Thank you! I'm very excited about the hair!

      Delete
  2. hair looks nice!! also yea we had all that rain too, but then followed by like 36hrs of intense wind and suddenly everything is VERY dry again! (plus lots of down trees and branches...). and today it's like 70 lol so who really knows!! anyway glad to see those Eros ears again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      OMG the wind! It was nuts for two days! Not enough to dry our mud here though. Lol.
      Eros ears are my FAVORITE! (Don't tell the others.)

      Delete