Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Truthful Tuesday

 


Today's confession? I might be turning into an elderly person. Not chronologically just yet, but I ate dinner at 5:30 today which seems awfully like the early bird special. I don't think I've had a 5:30 dinner outside of a holiday or whatever, since I was like 8 years old. (Sometime before I started having horses. Obviously.) 

So WHY did I eat so early you ask? Well... I was craving a burger and didn't want to make it myself. So I figured I'd just grab one on my way home from the barn. So I did and ate it while I drove home. Because I have no willpower to wait. It was delicious. And also filling as I'm still satiated all these hours later! (It's almost 9 pm now.) 

What about you all? Do you eat dinner early? 

8 comments:

  1. Depends on the season and if we have anything going on in the evening. Last night we ate a little after 5 because I had to leave at 6 and wasn’t getting home until 9.
    In the summer we eat late because we are outside doing things. I wouldn’t worry about being old because it’s inevitable, lol. At least hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I agree! I've always said, I'd rather get old than not!

      Delete
  2. this time change has EFFED US UP completely. We usually eat around 6 or so. We have eaten both at 530 this week and once at 730 pm (WHICH is way too late for me). HAHAHAHHA so I feel you and I am a LOT older than you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I'm all over the place with this time change.

      Delete
  3. i'm an early lunch sorta person --- like 11, 11:30 lunch LOL, pretty sure that qualifies me for old lady status!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think lunch can fluctuate. I mean, who isn't hungry by 11?

      Delete
  4. My confession is that reading your confession made me do a lot of googling of normal supper times lol. What time is normal supper time for you? What is normal in your state as far as you know?
    In my house we always aim for supper at 5:30pm. That's definitely partially because we have a toddler, but as far as I know, 5:30-6:30 is the standard supper time around here. Of course our house also wakes up between 5-6am in order to get to work/daycare on time so maybe that is earlier than some people? You always hear about a "standard 9-5 job" but I don't know anyone in my city who actually starts at 9. 7 or 8am is a much more common start time so maybe our region has shifted everything earlier? I have so many questions lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think with young kids 5:30 is probably the norm. That's around when we would sit down to eat when I was little. (Up until I started riding anyway.) I think "normal" around here is probably 6/6:30. When I was working I usually didn't get to eat until 8 or 9 since I would work and then do horses. But these days, for me, normal dinner time is around 7.

      Delete