Thursday, August 31, 2023

Thursday's Threads

 

Outfit Day! After dressing up in multiple ridiculous outfits all last week, I had to tone it down this time. A pallet cleanse if you will... Eros modeled for us today, so let's start with what he wore.

I dunno guys, I think his dad bod is starting to look slightly more fit. The belly isn't hanging QUITE as low. He's handsome either way though. 

Bridle: Pinnacle
Browband: Boy O' Boy Bridleworks

Let's chat about these Pinnacle bridles shall we? I was always kind of meh about them. I have one that's a different model and thought it was fine, but nothing special. But these wide noseband ones? The longer I use them, the more I am liking them. For the price, they are REALLY nice. They are currently $89 and come with reins. If you're looking for a schooling bridle on a budget, definitely go grab one. I just recently discovered that this brand is also available in two different bitless bridle models. I'm seriously considering selling my La Cense side pulls and getting the Pinnacle one instead. 

Boots: Anky
I know, I've shared these a lot lately, but they are currently my favorite boots. They're on sale all over the place this weekend, so if you're in the market for a brushing boot, grab a pair! They come in black, green, navy, and burgundy. And possibly white, but I'm not positive on that.

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: The Hangry Mare
Half Pad: Mattes
I LOVE these pads from the Hangry Mare. I'm not sure if she's still making them though. I haven't used them in awhile because I had tucked them away and kind of forgot about them. But they're back in the rotation officially. 

That's E was wearing, and here's what I had on today:

It's starting to feel like fall (so sad) and my barn colors are very appropriate for that coming season. Maybe I should dress for the season I want not the season I'm getting?

Helmet: One K
I have the new tan colored front shield and rails installed with the green top today. I really do enjoy being able to swap parts around to match my outfits on these helmets!

Shirt: TKEQ
The majority of my seamless shirts come from Amazon, but I couldn't find this nice chocolate brown color on there, so I splurged on this one. Honestly, it's the same shirt as the Amazon version though. 

Belt: Ponylocks
I wore Jampy's belt today. Nice to have him with me for the day. Ponylocks really does an amazing job with these. 

Breeches: RJ Classics Gulf
These are a little tough to photograph properly. The color is called June bug and I expected them to look as they appear in this photo right above. But the actual color is more similar to my full outfit photo further up the page. I like both shades so no worries there! But was surprised when I saw them in person that they were more like hunter green than I expected.

Boots: Mountain Horse Sovereign Luxe
I'm debating making these my go to boots for most days. The black ones with the rhinestones really need to visit the boot doctor. I try to save my really fun boots for once a weekish so that they will last. My everyday, go to boots tend to die a pretty fast death lately, so I don't want to destroy something fancy so quickly. I think these may be the next tribute.

So that's it for today! Anything in particular you liked this week? Have you tried the Pinnacle bridles from Schneider's? Thoughts on those? 



3 comments:

  1. for some reason, i have very very few green things --- and i'm not sure why, bc i really like green! hm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I'm not broke, maybe I'll grab one of those bridles. I don't need one (I love my bridle), but I hate swapping bits (Nay uses 2) so it would be nice to have our other bit have it's own bridle... The one we use less frequently could have the cheaper bridle...

    ReplyDelete