Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Truthful Tuesday

 

Heh... I have two confessions today. The first is from Saturday. I had a lesson and jumped a full (ish... I only have five jumps) course of 3'6" with Al. 


And then I put them all down so Eros could jump around too. 


None of that is my confession. My confession is that after I finished jumping Eros, I put the jumps all back up to Al's height so I could see them and feel good about myself for the rest of the weekend. Ha! I have no shame.

Confession number two is about my truck and trailer. I got up at 6 on Sunday morning so I could turn the trailer around without worrying about traffic. (I have to pull across the entire street to back into my parking spot in the driveway, and I live at the corner of a pretty busy intersection of two state roads. It can get a little hairy if the road is busy.) Anyway, I went out in my jammies, half asleep still and backed the trailer into its spot. I didn't unhook it because that's not a job to do in your jammies. And it's a good thing I didn't, because when I came back out again a little later in the morning and after I'd had my coffee, I saw this:


I realize you can't really tell from this photo, but the whole thing is so crooked I don't think I'd ever get it hooked back up if I unhooked it as is. I have since straightened it out and unhooked it. But my confession is that I have no idea what straight is at 6 am on a Sunday morning. It's hilarious because I actually got out of the truck to check that it was straight before I turned it off and went back inside. And despite those best efforts it was laughably not straight. Ha!

So those are my confessions today. Basically, I'm ridiculous, in case you didn't already know. 

2 comments:

  1. lol i totally get putting the jumps back up again --- and omg i'm such a stickler for wanting to always park my trailer straight... my truck stays hooked up plus i park in a lot filled with trailers, so it looks really janky if they're parked all akimbo ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the mouse debacle (and subsequent double insurance claims...) I must unhook and drive the truck around regularly... But I wish I could leave them attached at all times! So much easier!

      Delete