Thursday, August 10, 2023

Thursday's Threads

 

Outfit Day!!! I did it finally. Put together the all pink Barbie outfit starring none other than my Barbie Dream Pony. Here's what we had on:

That is correct. All pink everything. All over. And as many shades as possible. If you're going to be ridiculous, you really should commit fully. We'll start with Shiny's outfit.

I think she secretly loves to play dress up. She would never admit it, of course. But those are some happy pony eyes dressed all in pink!

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Wizzard's Creations

You did see this browband recently, but I have since removed it from the bridle Shiny didn't like, and swapped it out with the spike browband you all know and love. 

Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Saddle Pad: Unknown brand

We got this pad awhile back from ebay, and I'm not sure what the brand is. It has a faux fluffy lining so I don't need a half pad with it. It was in an unfortunate washer accident not too long ago that left it with a bit of a gash on the other side. But it doesn't hurt its performance so we still use it. 

Boots: Punk Ponies
What's better than pink brushing boots? Pink GLITTER brushing boots. Obviously. Especially when your pony is named Shiny.

That's what Shiny had on, and here's my outfit:


I know, I wore this top a few weeks ago for our neon light outfit. But it was also perfect for this outfit and so here it is again!

Helmet: Harry's Horse

I've had this helmet awhile, but I don't wear it that much because it doesn't fit that well and gives me a headache. But I wore it for Barbie day! See the lengths I go to for all of you? Okay, well the blog and also because look how amazing it is! It's worth a mild headache for that pink sparkle!

Top: MathCat

You've seen it already. I do have a slightly different bright pink one too, but this one worked best with these breeches. 

Belt: Ralph Lauren

This is another oldie. I found this belt years ago either from Poshmark or Ebay, I can't recall which. I love it, I think it's such a fun belt, and was the perfect choice for my Equestrian Barbie look. 

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman Pinky


I hunted far and wide for Pinky breeches, and finally found a pair. But then that pair turned out to be too big, and I had to hunt all over again. I snagged these when I thought all hope was lost. They're a kids 18 which I just barely fit into. Right after I bought these, they started making the Pinky color again. Figures. These fit well enough though, so I'm sticking with the kids size. Also, they require like half a bottle of OxiClean each ride. Worth it. They're adorable.

Boots: Celeris UK
Stick: Old Mill Saddlery
I really love these boots. They're a hair too big in the leg, but not too bad. I didn't wear them a lot when I was bigger so they didn't get too stretched out. And I couldn't resist getting a matching crop for them. The Old Mill Saddlery Tuffwhips come in a ton of colorways and are under $20. Shipping is a bit expensive, but I ordered this one with a few other items so it all worked out to be reasonable. 

And that's it for Barbie Day! Was it worth the wait?

7 comments:

  1. I love everything about this outfit!

    Rhiannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many shades of pink! I think you outdid yourself with this one, bravo! P.s. would you mind reposting the link to your post where you show all your tall boots together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you!
      Sure! It's a little outdated as I've sold some of these and added some others, but I haven't updated here on the blog since this one:
      http://amateuratlarge.blogspot.com/2020/04/truthful-tuesday-one-with-boots.html

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Wow, it's wild to see them all together. I've never seen a personal collection like that!

      Delete
  3. i had a pair of pink breeches that i was OBSESSED with --- loved everything about them.... until the split in a VERY AWKWARD PLACE legit right as i was about to ship out for a lesson. the sadness was unimaginable lol....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sad! I hate when something you love falls apart like that. Maybe time for a new pair!

      Delete